<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
<title>Options for those stuck on 4.0?</title>
<description> I sent in my Wii to Nintendo for a repair (it had an overheating issue), and Nintendo sent me back a new (well, refurb- doesn&amp;#039;t match the &quot;unmoddable&quot; serial numbers, whew) Wii with a new 1 year warranty.

The &quot;new&quot; Wii is, of course, virgin 4.0 firwmware. -_-

Now, I&amp;#039;ve held on to it for over 3 weeks, hoping comex or someone else would release an exploit so I could restore it to its old state. So far, nothing at all.

I&amp;#039;m debating whether or not to simply sell it on craigslist and buy a Wii that&amp;#039;s not updated from a friend. My question is, of course, what kind of a wait I&amp;#039;m looking at if I just wait it out. Should I go ahead, or is an exploit right around the corner?

Thanks for any replies!</description><link>http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,15320,15320#msg-15320</link><lastBuildDate>Tue, 08 Sep 2026 15:01:46 +0200</lastBuildDate>
<generator>Phorum 5.2.23</generator>
<item>
<guid>http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,15320,16147#msg-16147</guid>
<title>Re: Options for those stuck on 4.0?</title><link>http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,15320,16147#msg-16147</link><description><![CDATA[ Especially for these forums, patience is a virtue...]]></description>
<dc:creator>nintendude</dc:creator>
<category>Getting Started</category><pubDate>Sat, 09 May 2009 04:45:14 +0200</pubDate></item>
<item>
<guid>http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,15320,16131#msg-16131</guid>
<title>Re: Options for those stuck on 4.0?</title><link>http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,15320,16131#msg-16131</link><description><![CDATA[ This is getting depressing :(]]></description>
<dc:creator>Praxis</dc:creator>
<category>Getting Started</category><pubDate>Fri, 08 May 2009 23:18:29 +0200</pubDate></item>
<item>
<guid>http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,15320,15322#msg-15322</guid>
<title>Re: Options for those stuck on 4.0?</title><link>http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,15320,15322#msg-15322</link><description><![CDATA[ OMG have patience LOL!<br /><br />In all seriousness, just save yourself the hassle and wait. Something will rescue your Wii soon.]]></description>
<dc:creator>Arikado</dc:creator>
<category>Getting Started</category><pubDate>Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:35:30 +0200</pubDate></item>
<item>
<guid>http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,15320,15320#msg-15320</guid>
<title>Options for those stuck on 4.0?</title><link>http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,15320,15320#msg-15320</link><description><![CDATA[ I sent in my Wii to Nintendo for a repair (it had an overheating issue), and Nintendo sent me back a new (well, refurb- doesn&#039;t match the "unmoddable" serial numbers, whew) Wii with a new 1 year warranty.<br /><br />The "new" Wii is, of course, virgin 4.0 firwmware. -_-<br /><br />Now, I&#039;ve held on to it for over 3 weeks, hoping comex or someone else would release an exploit so I could restore it to its old state. So far, nothing at all.<br /><br />I&#039;m debating whether or not to simply sell it on craigslist and buy a Wii that&#039;s not updated from a friend. My question is, of course, what kind of a wait I&#039;m looking at if I just wait it out. Should I go ahead, or is an exploit right around the corner?<br /><br />Thanks for any replies!]]></description>
<dc:creator>Praxis</dc:creator>
<category>Getting Started</category><pubDate>Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:54:06 +0200</pubDate></item>
</channel>
</rss>