Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DLLs

Posted by jsmaster 
DLLs
March 18, 2009 01:12AM
How do you use dynamic link libs with LIBOGC?
Re: DLLs
March 18, 2009 01:57AM
What DLL are you trying to use?
March 18, 2009 08:15AM
I've read dynamic linking is not supported at this point. B.t.w., DLL's are a Windows format, guess if dynamic linking will be supported, the Linux .so format will be first.
March 18, 2009 11:09PM
just wondering, what is a dll
March 18, 2009 11:50PM
Dynamic Link Library. Unlike static libraries (*.a files), they're small, and easy to change/update.
March 19, 2009 06:47AM
g_man
just wondering, what is a dll

Joke, right?

If not take a look here [en.wikibooks.org]
March 20, 2009 02:47AM
The DLL we're trying to use is actually not important. We're not trying to use any DLL in particular: what I meant (when I told jsmaster to post this) was that I wanted to use dynamic link libraries, not the actual DLL format. It's for a homebrew application that would allow plugins, and the only option I see available for plugins right now is scripting since LIBOGC seems to have no support what-so-ever for DLLs.

-Paril
March 20, 2009 04:23AM
You could probably do that somehow if you learn how the Wii's memory works. In theory you could have an elf/dol load another elf/dol then jump to a function in the second elf and return back.

I know little about these formats or the way the Wii would do this but I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to code injection on Windows and I'm sure you could use a technique like that to do what you need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login