Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

libjpeg using a buffer as data source

Posted by JustWoody 
libjpeg using a buffer as data source
August 02, 2008 10:23AM
Has anyone created there own decompression source manager for libjpeg that uses a buffer as a data source instead of a file?

Or can anyone point me in the right direction to do this?
Re: libjpeg using a buffer as data source
August 02, 2008 11:28PM
To do that, you'll probably need to find a way to draw onto the data source. May I reccomend a library to help get you started?

libwiisprite

GRRLIB
August 03, 2008 01:48AM
Thank you Arikado, I already use GRRLIB.

GGRLIB and I think libwiisprite only deals with png files I want to use libjpeg to use jpeg files instead as these are about 4 times smaller.

I've read the documentation with libjpeg, but there is no input except from a file, whereas I would like to use a jpeg that has been converted to 'c' using something like raw2c
August 03, 2008 02:01AM
You can set jpeg.inbuffer to any buffer and the size of the buffer with jpeg.inbufferlength then you only need to call JPEG_Decompress(&jpeg) and so on (see example).

like this
jpeg.inbuffer = bufferdata;
jpeg.inbufferlength = buffersize;

JPEG_Decompress(&jpeg);
August 03, 2008 11:43AM
The version I am using does not have inbuffer or inbufferlength on the jpeg_decompress_struct. In fact it also doesn't have the jpeg_decompress() method too! I've got th eone from the SDL lib port.

Could you point me in the direction of the lib that does include this stuff please.
August 03, 2008 03:56PM
You can find it here [tehwii.tehskeen.com]
or for a newer version on [www.tehskeen.com]
but if you using SDL i would recommend to use the SDL image functions it´s much easier you can find it here [code.google.com] the SDL_image.7z and SDL_gfx.7z (to manipulate the size and so).
August 10, 2008 05:41PM
I am sure that there will be jpg support in libwiisprite soon enough.
August 10, 2008 05:46PM
I'm sure it will never happen, chaosteil (or feesh, don't remember anymore) told me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login