Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Music'd

Posted by Jonas 
Music'd
December 03, 2008 07:16AM
I'll assume this is the correct section if there is any.

I'd like to music for your game.

Here's the deal,

Releasing your game for free? My work costs the same.
Big commerical venture? A little stipend would be nice.

I can do many types of music, more so than I'd like to genre list.

If interested, post here or send on a PM with a request for a type or genre of music you'd like.
Or send me a rough version of the game and see what I come up with.

Could be fun.
Re: Music'd
December 03, 2008 09:25AM
I need some music for my homebrew Mahjongg Wii game - MahJongg Wii Homepage also do a search for it on youtube as someone has posted a video of it.

What formats can you do? The current sndlib only supports MOD and OGG, and to save memory I have only used MOD in my game, although I suppose I could make it a bit larger and have OGGs too.

The Mahjongg Wii homepage give a bit of detail about what music I am after mainly Japanese / Chinese style + here are a few that I can remember off the top of my head - winning the game, a tied game, different bits of music in the game so that there can be faster pieces as the game is getting nearer the end, etc.

It would be great if you could help as music is an area of the game that I would like to push forward, but have not got the time or resources to do so.
December 03, 2008 03:02PM
The Homebrew Channel and Homebrew Browser could use some background music (and sound effects for clicking events and such...).
December 03, 2008 04:21PM
sounds good as long as you aren't one of the Jonas Brothers... :) haha
December 03, 2008 06:22PM
DrLucky
sounds good as long as you aren't one of the Jonas Brothers... :) haha

Ha, ha. I thought the same thing when I saw his screen name.
Luckily my daughters are young enough that I don't have to put up with that crap.
However, they do like the Cheetah Girls movies so I've had to listen to some of that.
December 05, 2008 12:12AM
JustWoody
I need some music for my homebrew Mahjongg Wii game - MahJongg Wii Homepage also do a search for it on youtube as someone has posted a video of it.

What formats can you do? The current sndlib only supports MOD and OGG, and to save memory I have only used MOD in my game, although I suppose I could make it a bit larger and have OGGs too.

The Mahjongg Wii homepage give a bit of detail about what music I am after mainly Japanese / Chinese style + here are a few that I can remember off the top of my head - winning the game, a tied game, different bits of music in the game so that there can be faster pieces as the game is getting nearer the end, etc.

It would be great if you could help as music is an area of the game that I would like to push forward, but have not got the time or resources to do so.

I can do OGG. I've never used the MOD format. I don't have any Japanese or Chinese music done already, but it sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot and see what I can come up with. Do you mean you want a short little 6 second or so sequence when you win the game? Or were you thinking something longer.
December 05, 2008 09:27AM
Jonas
Do you mean you want a short little 6 second or so sequence when you win the game? Or were you thinking something longer.

Yes something like six seconds would be ideal for the win sequence + similar if the game is drawn too :)
December 08, 2008 01:36PM
Ok, I did a short tie sequence. Sorry it's taken me so long for something so small, but I'll blame finals week. If you like it, I can do more.

[www.freewebs.com]

I'm not sure I captured the right chinese/japanese theme, as after listening to more of that style finding good samples of their ethnic instruments was damn near impossible, so this is what I got.
December 09, 2008 06:00AM
I know nobody asked my opinion but I think it sounds a bit subdued for a win sequence.
December 09, 2008 07:47AM
I agree. But it's for a tie sequence. I'm not really happy with it though, I'll make another.
December 09, 2008 10:55AM
Even farther away from an orient theme, but much better.

[wwww.freewebs.com]
December 09, 2008 11:16AM
I'm at work so don't have access to a ogg player, will have to check it out when I get home
December 11, 2008 08:01PM
Would you be up to doing space/techno style songs? My game needs a good, looping, background song for the main menu (ominous feeling or epic/adventurous, I'm not really sure :P).

In the future, I'll be looking for an artist to make a fast-paced, diverse/interesting techno song for the game's stages (watch this and you'll see what I mean). However, it'll be a while until I get the game ready for OGG sampled music for stages (I'm currently using .it module files), so that's something for later.

So... interested?
December 11, 2008 11:13PM
Hey Jonas, I finally heard the new tie sound and I like the tune, but would be really good it you could find some japanese/chinese instruments for it
December 11, 2008 11:18PM
AerialX
(I'm currently using .it module files)

Are you using .it mod files through the modplay library? I wasn't sure which mod file types were supported and would be good to get clarification for future reference
December 12, 2008 12:01AM
JustWoody
AerialX
(I'm currently using .it module files)

Are you using .it mod files through the modplay library? I wasn't sure which mod file types were supported and would be good to get clarification for future reference
I wrote a sndlib driver for the MikIT library (MikMod's C++ successor). I don't know what modplay can play (I thought it was just .mod files), I didn't look at it when choosing my mod playing library.

To clarify my request... I don't know if I'm looking for main menu music, or actually a theme song (feel like making it sound distinctive?). Also, piano + techno ftw (my professional opinion :P)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2008 12:02AM by AerialX.
December 12, 2008 06:50AM
@JustWoody
Finding good chinese instrument samples has been near impossible, but I'll search again. Last final is tomorow, so free time is on the horizon.

@AerialX
Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. I'll see what comes out in that style.
December 15, 2008 02:33PM
Why was this thread moved to coding?
December 15, 2008 11:01PM
daniel_c_w
Why was this thread moved to coding?
I think it belongs here rather than being in Homebrew General. It's more related to the development of games rather than the discussion of homebrew apps. Just because it's not strictly coding doesn't mean it doesn't fit IMO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login