Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello all - SDL Wii linking trouble

Posted by ViciouZ 
Hello all - SDL Wii linking trouble
June 15, 2009 07:12PM
Hello, I'm new to Wii homebrew - I barely used my Wii for 6 months until I got HBC installed on there a few weeks back :D

Now I'm trying to port an SDL game, which uses SDL, SDL_mixer and SDL_gfx, to Wii.

I went to the SDL Wii site, downloaded the latest release tarballs and extracted them to devkitpro/libogc. Then I copied the linking instructions from [wiibrew.org], which recommends an order of inclusion. Whenever I try and compile I get a ton of errors involving libsmpeg.a, one of the SDL dependancies.

Here is a screencap, for some reason the dkP msys seems to disable right clicking so I can't copy/paste :(
[www.viciouz.co.uk]

Using latest devkitPro on Vista Home Basic x64, with latest libOGC from SVN, SDL Dependencies 04-23-2009.zip and SDL Wii 05-13-2009.zip.

Sorry if this is something simple I have overlooked, and thanks in advance for any replies :)
Re: Hello all - SDL Wii linking trouble
June 15, 2009 08:39PM
Hmm...try another order then I guess. If you find one that works please update the wiibrew page.
June 15, 2009 09:28PM
I've tried shifting it around a bit like you said - when smpeg is before SDL_mixer then smpeg appears to go fine but SDL_mixer gets undefined references, if it's linked afterwards then smpeg has the same error as above. The most irritating thing is that I don't want or need mp3 support, just WAV and Midi :(

Edit: It builds when all the Mix_ functions are commented out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 09:54PM by ViciouZ.
June 16, 2009 11:42AM
I used the following order in my C-Dogs SDL Makefile to get it to build with SDL_mixer:
LIBS :=	-lSDL_mixer -lsmpeg -lSDL -lpng -ljpeg -lz -lwiiuse \
		-lfat -lbte -logc -ltremor -lfreetype -lwiikeyboard -lm -lstdc++
I notice you also have some "missing reference to __gxx_personality_v0" errors, which I also had - they were fixed by adding "-lstdc++".
June 16, 2009 01:40PM
Thanks so much insin, the added "-lstdc++" solved it perfectly! Now I just need to get the graphics to work past the menu :s
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login