Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

old wiisprite question.

Posted by mdbrim 
old wiisprite question.
June 18, 2009 05:21AM
There i was fat dumb and happy coding apps for my wii using an older version of devkitPro when i wanted to start playing with sounds. I noticed that a lot of the posts mentioned that sound stuff was easier with the new release of devkitPro.

So i updated.

But then all hell broke loose. NONE of my old stuff compiles anymore due to the wiisprite lib not being in the new versions of devkitPro.

I've seen a number of posts here about the problem when it first occured (6 months ago) but have been unable to find a solution.

PLEASE does anyone know how to fix my problem?

Originally i got this error after i updated:

> "make" 
linking ... helo.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-gekko/4.2.4/../../../../powerpc-gekko/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwiisprite
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/projects/wii/helo/helo.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:00

Then i found this topic where Arikado had recompiled libwiisprite. I tried installing that and got these errors:

> "make" 
linking ... helo.elf
GRRLIB.o: In function `GRRLIB_GXEngine':
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:832: undefined reference to `GX_Position3f32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:833: undefined reference to `GX_Color1u32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:835: undefined reference to `GX_End'
GRRLIB.o: In function `GRRLIB_DrawTile':
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:503: undefined reference to `GX_Position3f32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:504: undefined reference to `GX_Color1u32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:505: undefined reference to `GX_TexCoord2f32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:507: undefined reference to `GX_Position3f32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:508: undefined reference to `GX_Color1u32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:509: undefined reference to `GX_TexCoord2f32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:511: undefined reference to `GX_Position3f32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:512: undefined reference to `GX_Color1u32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:513: undefined reference to `GX_TexCoord2f32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:515: undefined reference to `GX_Position3f32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:516: undefined reference to `GX_Color1u32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:517: undefined reference to `GX_TexCoord2f32'
c:/projects/wii/helo/../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.c:518: undefined reference to `GX_End'

I know it's a lot, but i was makin such good progress and was almost complete with my first "brew" when i updated.. UGH!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: old wiisprite question.
June 18, 2009 05:37AM
ok after more tinkering and finding this post i get this msg:

> "make" 
helo.cpp
c:/projects/wii/helo/source/../../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.h:67: warning: inline function 'void GRRLIB_FillScreen(u32)' used but never defined
c:/projects/wii/helo/source/../../../GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB.h:87: warning: inline function 'void GRRLIB_DrawTile(f32, f32, GRRLIB_texImg, float, float, f32, u32, int)' used but never defined
GRRLIB.c
pngu.c
linking ... helo.elf
output ... helo.dol

> Process Exit Code: 0
> Time Taken: 00:06

and the resulting output fails to draw anything.
June 18, 2009 07:05AM
HAHAHA GOD I LOVE CODING!!!

ok so after redoing the MakeFile... it is working again...

it still gives that same warning in the previous post, but it works.

any ideas what that warning means? should/can i ignore it?
June 18, 2009 12:23PM
The warnings means that the headerfile likely is outdated.
June 20, 2009 10:26PM
ok, how would i fix that?
June 21, 2009 01:33AM
[grrlib.santo.fr]

Apparently this has been resolved in the SVN version of this lib.

Michael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login