Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

are libogc network functions names derived from an OS

Posted by SteelSLasher 
are libogc network functions names derived from an OS
July 30, 2009 02:15PM
Basically, instead of using Bushings http lib for my web browser i found libcurl which seems promising, all i need to do is just redo the core functions so that they match the libogc network functions.

I took a look at the libcurl source and found that its designed to be compile on most systems and i was wondering if the libogc network functions names such as "net_read" or "net_write" were derived from linux or some other system

*LOL the libcurl code is supposed to be portable yet porting it to wii would be hell*
I just cannot find any solution to chunk encoding!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2009 02:59PM by SteelSLasher.
Re: are libogc network functions names derived from an OS
July 30, 2009 05:35PM
Yes, libogc network functions are based on BSD sockets.
July 31, 2009 07:21PM
so if i tricked libcurl into thinking it was being compiled for BSD than would that work?

why isnt the gnu sockets header not used for devkitppc

sys/sockets.h is missing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 07:44PM by SteelSLasher.
August 04, 2009 05:38PM
sys/sockets.h is too POSIX like to be ported. A lot of users are using MinGW, it's just a mather of compatibility.
August 09, 2009 01:55PM
TheDrev
sys/sockets.h is too POSIX like to be ported. A lot of users are using MinGW, it's just a mather of compatibility.

hmmm.... so portnig libcurl is pointless although it can be done for DS (devkitarm has sys/sockets.h), and either the network functions for the wii dont like chunk encoding or i have done something wrong.

what really bugs me is that when i try to read a chunk encoded file, it reads the first size but then as soon as it reads the first piece of data it crashes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login