Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GX Lighting gone broken?

Posted by technik 
GX Lighting gone broken?
September 05, 2009 04:43PM
Few months ago I coded a Hardware lighting test using GX library and it worked pretty well. It was so easy that I erased the project and just kept the screenshots. But now I want to add that feature to my engine and find it imposible to properly set Lighting. I thought it was because I made some mistakes, but now I doubt it. Why? well, after trying many different variations of my code I decided to try compiling code that some other programmer wrote and see the results. So I took nehe GX examples from libogc, lesson 8, took out textures to better seeing lighting effects, and compiled. And...guess what...FAIL, exactly the same bug as in my code: Just two states of lightig Full light, No light. There is no progressive lighting to polygons as they rotate, they're alwais either full-lighted or non-lighted. So I was wondering, Have GX been modified since september 2008 ? Because I think there is a bug in them, that wasn't there before.

Do you anyone have a working example of hardware lighting with GX ? because I can't find the way to activate correct lighting, and it's very frustrating.

Thanks in advance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login