Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Code dump has a code dump... WPAD_ScanPads()

Posted by giantpune 
My Code dump has a code dump... WPAD_ScanPads()
July 03, 2009 01:32AM
So the story is, I've been playing with the code dump functions and now I am trying to make it listen to the WiiMote so I can press home and restart. But whenever I call WPAD_ScanPads(), It makes my code dump have another codedump. I have it displaying connected wiimotes (ERR_NONE) and it is able to write the entire codedump to SD without any trouble. This lets me know that it is functioning is wii mode so that isn't the cause. Does anybody have any ideas about what needs to be done to let me read the wiimote during a crash? Or better yet, why does it not like my WPAD scans?
Re: My Code dump has a code dump... WPAD_ScanPads()
July 03, 2009 08:13AM
yes...the answer is...because your program has crashed! basically that means you can't trust the state of much anything (in fact, sometimes pressing the reset button or gamecube controller button doesn't work!) it's no longer a functional system, which is why the best bet for a crash function is to do the bare minimum.

although it would be nice to have the wiimote working on the crash screen...
September 16, 2009 07:10AM
yeah, I was wondering.

is it possible to do just do exit(0); if it crashed?
September 16, 2009 07:49AM
Sure, after all, it's only a matter of linking with the right code. The code that runs the crash dump is part of the runtime.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login