Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you launch the SD card menu in system menu 4.x ?

Posted by giantpune 
How do you launch the SD card menu in system menu 4.x ?
October 03, 2009 05:05AM
As the title says, is there a way to launch the system menu and jump to the SD card menu? I am guessing that it will be the same idea as the return to settings function. But instead of setting the flag to open the settings, set one to open the SD menu. Or has anybody even tried to do this?
Re: How do you launch the SD card menu in system menu 4.x ?
October 03, 2009 10:42AM
Uh what? You just press the little blue SD card icon at the bottom between the settings button and the clock.

EDIT: Wait, I think I misunderstood you. You meant from a homebrew didnt you? I dont think anyone has tried that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 10:42AM by SifJar.
October 03, 2009 04:24PM
Impossible.

You need to launch the system menu. You can't boot directly into the SD Card Menu.
October 03, 2009 04:27PM
Arikado
Impossible.

You need to launch the system menu. You can't boot directly into the SD Card Menu.

I think his idea is to boot the System Menu and have it automatically open the SD Card Menu.
October 04, 2009 08:58AM
yes. that is what i mean. there is already a function in libogc to boot the system menu and have it go strait to the settings. I want to know if anybody knows what flags to set differently in that function to boot the system menu and have it show the SD menu.
October 04, 2009 02:58PM
I didn't know about that function - I stand corrected.

I'll look into it...

Remember to do a version check in a function that does this though. You can't boot into something that doesn't exist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2009 02:59PM by Arikado.
October 04, 2009 05:03PM
[github.com]

Basically you need to set a different flag for the sd card menu I guess....

You can see the actual switch statement used in system menu's disassembly... Though in newer versions the sel file (which contains symbol information) is shrinked by Nintendo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login