Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SDL and .MOD music

Posted by tribasic 
SDL and .MOD music
November 07, 2009 08:21PM
Hi everyone!

I've been trying various methods to get certain types of .MOD music to play on my Wii. The reason is because GCMODPLAY doesn't seem to play 'chip music' properly, and the result is mostly static and beeps. Sounds terrible. I managed to get the D.U.M.B. audio library to compile, but since I'm still a novice coder, and the DUMB tutorials are coded in Allegro, I'm really finding it difficult to code something that plays my .MODs. Although I did actually get my code to run without it crashing my Wii. It was actually DragonMedia Player on the Wii that helped get me started, because that program plays all my music back properly, so I looked at the sourcecode and tried my best to understand it.

Anyway... I wanted to know if anyone was able to get the Wii port of SDL to playback MOD music. I'm still struggling to install SDL, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I just wanted to know if it was possible. I would like to code my programs using GRRLIB, but use SDL Mixer (or DUMB or MIKMOD) for my sound. I suppose if all else fails, I could just convert my unplayable .MODs to MP3's and put them in my 'old skool demos' instead of using actual MODs, but I would really like to use real MOD files if possible.

Tribasic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login