Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ASH0 Compression

Posted by LowLines 
ASH0 Compression
February 25, 2010 07:19AM
Of what of the little information I could find on ASH0, it's a proprietary compression format similar to Yaz0 but different. Apparently all decoders currently available are based on Nintendo code from the System Menu supposedly making somewhat illegal to put up on Wiibrew, if I'm understanding that right?

For my own purposes I've come to the point where I need to implement a ASH0 decoder in order to access some files in a game I'm trying to hack. Using part of the discussion on here (including a partial source code), I've got a general understanding on how the decoding process works, however I'm not that familiar with vectors which are used.

Crediar's ASH0 Extractor doesn't decompress the files properly so I'd assume there's some variation in the decoder that his code wasn't written for (and yes the header follows the proper ASH0 format), which is why I want to write my own implementation and try and figure it out.

Any help is appreciated, though I'm not expecting much as there obviously isn't a lot of information about ASH0 in the first place.

Thanks,
Low Lines

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2010 07:20AM by LowLines.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login