Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Irrlicht on Wii

Posted by Alonguy 
Irrlicht on Wii
July 25, 2010 01:07AM
I've finally done it! With SDL, I got the Irrlicht engine to run on Wii! But, despite this, I still have many problems with it. I'm trying to use GL2GX to translate the OpenGL device in Irrlicht to GX, but, even though it compiles fine, it crashes.
I'll dig into that later.
For now, I can run Irrlicht's software renderers, but at a horrible framerate, 75% of the textures missing, and it crashes within 5-30 seconds, probably due to the memory it takes up. Only, it doesn't show the usual exception screen. It just goes blank, and I have to reset it...

If anyone can figure what this problem is by what I said, please give me your ideas. Sorry for the lack of detail, but I'm in a hurry. I'll give more detail later.
Re: Irrlicht on Wii
July 25, 2010 01:43AM
Shagkur has done a significant amount of work on an Irrlicht port for Wii. See [code.google.com]
Re: Irrlicht on Wii
July 26, 2010 02:41AM
Well, this is awfully bittersweet... you see, I've been waiting for someone to port it, and trying it myself for a long time. And now that I started to get somewhere, someone's way ahead of me! It's bitter because it's like I wasted my time, but sweet because someone more experienced is porting it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2010 02:42AM by Alonguy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login