Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memorex Sidekick Wireless Controller Y axis values

Posted by dwerdna 
Memorex Sidekick Wireless Controller Y axis values
August 20, 2013 08:34AM
Hi All

I am currently interfacing to a Memorex Sidekick Wireless Controller via the ZX-NUNCHUK board.

I am able to initialize it and read back the data successfully. I am specifically interested in the 'Analog Stick' part of it. The X direction goes from 00 to FF, however the Y direction goes from 0x00-0x7F-0x00-0x7F, ie the same scale for the forward and backward movement. I have been able to convert this into a 00-FF scale using a algorithm (relies on samples being no greater than 0x40 apart), however on sharp movements my algorithm falls over and I cant speed up the sampling greater than 20mS, as dropping this to 10mS the link doesn't stay sync'd.

I note on the wiibrew page for the nunchuck it doesnt discuss this functionality, and infact it suggests its a linear scale, though not necessarily full range. I assume that its possible that different brand controllers exhibit different functionality, though possibly that is why it appears that this controller wasn't compatible with a number of games:

[gbatemp.net]

Has anyone else seen this? I assume I cannot send a different configuration code and it outputs a different scale...

Thanks
Re: Memorex Sidekick Wireless Controller Y axis values
August 21, 2013 01:21AM
The Y axis should work in the same way as the X axis, the behaviour you describe is broken.
Re: Memorex Sidekick Wireless Controller Y axis values
August 21, 2013 01:54AM
Thanks for the confirmation, its not my code as the CRO decodes it in the same way as I see it. Potentially the top bit of the ADC is stuck..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login