Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3rd Party SNES to WiiMote Controller Re-compile

Posted by Pyromaniac4382 
3rd Party SNES to WiiMote Controller Re-compile
December 20, 2013 07:32PM
Hello,

Recently I purchased a 3rd-party SNES controller that plugs in to the Wiimote's nun-chuck slot. I was not able to play my back-up games because the D-pad will not work, all other buttons works however and can be mapped, the d-pad cannot be mapped. I currently use the SNES9X software package to play these games. I decided that instead of returning the controller, I would find a way to make it work.

I have since successfully re-compiled the SNES9X software package which was not as easy as I hoped.

Anyway, I have been looking into the wpad.h file for changes I could make to enable the D-pad by switching the hexadecimal values on the classic controllers '#defines' to find which corresponds to any of the D-pad's functions.

I have not yet found a suitable answer or gotten the D-pad to function at all within the SNES9X software package.

I was hoping to record my progress and accept suggestions via this topic to come up with a suitable solution to make use of a very commercially available and cheap piece of hardware that I have found a lot of people buy, but can not make very good use of.

If anyone has information as to a pre-existing solution please let me know. Thank you.
Re: 3rd Party SNES to WiiMote Controller Re-compile
December 24, 2013 05:47AM
Hello,

To further research I purchased a Wii classic controller. It seems as though the SF (super nintendo) 3-rd party controller is mapped the same as the Left-analog stick on the Wii classic controller. This leads me to believe that I will have to sent the appropriate data as that of the left analog stick to accomplish the Wii's analog stick on the SF classic controller.

I am currently looking into modifying the 'wpad.h' file to send the correct hexadecimal value.

The datamap for the classic controller is found here. [wiibrew.org]

I will let you know if I make any more progress. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login