Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wich ios for isfs

Posted by arasium 
Wich ios for isfs
June 01, 2009 01:00AM
I want to create files on the wii file system but i've an -102 error.

I think it's because i'm under a bad ios (currently, the 60), so what ios do i need?
Re: Wich ios for isfs
June 01, 2009 03:54PM
No, you probably need to be under an IOS with both fakesigning and ES_Identify() (aka like 36 on pre-oct-23rd consoles). You are going to need to most likely ES_Identify() as SU and then create your file, and be sure to align your file's data to 32 bytes with memalign() for ISFS_Write and ISFS_Read.
June 02, 2009 09:52AM
I don't understand what you mean! If i'm under the ios36 (the pre-oct-23rd), it will work without applying a patch on it?

In fact, i'm doing an homebrew that have options. It's a game that use profiles (if there is multiple players) and these profiles name/settings are stored in a config file. So i need to write them in the Wii and/or in the SD (but i've the same problem with the sd). And if the final user hasn't an hacked wii (i mean with no downgrade or cios249), i don't know what doing!!

If an old ios 36 will solve my problem, i can give a downgrader! But i've the same problem :) when i download the ios36, i need to store it somewhere (i can store it in memory during the process, but it's a bad solution)

thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 11:53AM by arasium.
June 03, 2009 01:12AM
arasium
I don't understand what you mean! If i'm under the ios36 (the pre-oct-23rd), it will work without applying a patch on it?

In fact, i'm doing an homebrew that have options. It's a game that use profiles (if there is multiple players) and these profiles name/settings are stored in a config file. So i need to write them in the Wii and/or in the SD (but i've the same problem with the sd). And if the final user hasn't an hacked wii (i mean with no downgrade or cios249), i don't know what doing!!

If an old ios 36 will solve my problem, i can give a downgrader! But i've the same problem :) when i download the ios36, i need to store it somewhere (i can store it in memory during the process, but it's a bad solution)

thank you
just save to SD
June 03, 2009 09:12AM
:) Yes, of course :)

I don't need some special ios to write on sd card?
June 03, 2009 03:05PM
June 03, 2009 03:58PM
Thank you PhoenixTank :) So i will use it instead of the ISFS :)
June 03, 2009 05:19PM
Thank teknecal. His primer is pretty useful =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login