Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

.Mod Music Question

Posted by tribasic 
.Mod Music Question
June 02, 2009 03:00AM
Hi,

I have a question about play .MOD music files and I can't seem to find an answer to it anywhere.

I figure that some people here have probibly used .MOD music in some of their applications and wondered if they ever had .MOD files that have "scratchy", or "distorted" audio. I notice that quite a few of the .MOD files I would like to use get distorted when I try to use them in my programs, yet other .MOD's play perfectly.

Is this a problem with the gcmodplay.h library? And does anyone know if it's possible to make the distorted .MOD's play properly? I know that there is nothing wrong with the .MOD file. In fact, it will actually playback properly if I load it into DragonMediaPlayer on the Wii.

I was thinking of maybe using, D.U.M.B. or MikMod source code to get my .MOD's to play properly, instead of gcmodplay, but that may be beyond my abilities since I'm new to programming.

I've included an example of one of the .MOD files that won't play properly. I challenge someone to actually get this to play properly, because I'm totally out of ideas.

[www.mediafire.com]

Thanks for any insight into my .MOD problem :)

Tribasic
Re: .Mod Music Question
June 06, 2009 07:46PM
I have the same problem using PCM files converted to .H.
June 07, 2009 03:56AM
Make sure your PCM is in big endian format.
June 07, 2009 10:43AM
But if you are using an existing file format parser and/or decoder, that should already be done for you.
June 24, 2009 05:18AM
Having the same problem here. gcmodplay doesn't play some effects properly, like arpeggio (which is important if you want chiptunes to sound correct).

Anyone have any ideas or workarounds (with example code)? I'm new to this. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login