Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Raydium game engine

Posted by jsmaster 
Raydium game engine
July 22, 2009 07:23PM
Could the raydium game engine be ported? If it is possible, would the it be usable?
Re: Raydium game engine
July 22, 2009 08:43PM
You'd need to convert GL to GX which is a big pain. Besides that I can't see why not.
July 22, 2009 09:07PM
Yeah that's the major thing that would need ported. There is an OpenGL wrapper for GX already, though I don't know if it is usable. What I really wanted to know is if the Wii has the ability to run games made with the Radyium game engine so that they are playable.
July 22, 2009 09:42PM
The current OpenGL wrapper is very incomplete.
July 22, 2009 10:00PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. I was just wondering if porting it would be worth the effort. I wouldn't want to port it if it ran at an unplayable framerate.

It would be really cool to have ManiaDrive on the Wii, I love that game!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 10:03PM by jsmaster.
July 23, 2009 03:24PM
would it not be possible to create a lib that has functions of the same name as opengl functions but uses gx to render (not sure if thats the wrapper since i have never had to use a wrapper i dont know how they would work

and i am not sure but from my personal knowledge this would fit better in the ideas, requests board but i supposed it could be in both in a sense
July 23, 2009 07:08PM
SteelSLasher
would it not be possible to create a lib that has functions of the same name as opengl functions but uses gx to render (not sure if thats the wrapper since i have never had to use a wrapper i dont know how they would work

and i am not sure but from my personal knowledge this would fit better in the ideas, requests board but i supposed it could be in both in a sense
Yes, that would be called a wrapper. And I don't think this should be put in the ideas, requests board since I'm not really requesting someone to make it. In fact, I'm thinking about doing it myself.

Since the raydium engine can run on the iPhone, I'm guessing the Wii would be capable of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 07:14PM by jsmaster.
July 23, 2009 07:32PM
Funny to think but the iPhone has a lot more power than the Wii. It also has OpenGL-ES.
July 24, 2009 06:47PM
what the iphone doesnt have is steal proof, no retard on the planet would steal a wii but i know loads of people are looking to take your iphone someday
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login