Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using MINI...

Posted by Daid 
Using MINI...
July 28, 2009 05:36PM
As anyone outside of the hackmii team tried to use MINI already?

The ARM code is there, but there is nothing for the powerpc side. Which is kind of a shame.
(http://hackmii.com/2009/05/mini-source-code/ - "Source code for the PowerPC part is not included yet but we will add an example PowerPC project during the next few days." never happend)

I don't own an USBGekko. So debugging mini would be a bit hard for me, I have experience with micro-controllers without much output. So if I can get powerpc code to boot and just poke the video hardware in displaying something I would be ready to do more.

Right now as I see it, the bootmii boot2 starts the /bootmii/armboot.bin file, which loads the /bootmii/ppcboot.elf file. As elf files contain a start address and everything I don't think it would be that hard to get something to run. So by grabbing some files from libogc and remove everything that communicates with the IOS I think you could get a long way.
But instead of trying to reinvent the wheel I'm wondering if anyone has done something already.
Re: Using MINI...
July 28, 2009 07:29PM
why not email bushing at gmail.com
July 28, 2009 10:08PM
Because I like public viewable information?
July 29, 2009 02:52AM
There's a PowerPC template on bootmii-devel google group.(Group mentioned in MINI src blog post comments.)
July 29, 2009 10:26AM
[groups.google.com]

There, so people don't have to search. Thank you for the information.
November 11, 2009 09:23AM
so I dont see an answer to the OP's question. and i have the same one. what must i do to be able to compile source code into a .elf that mini can run? i already have the full devkit setup. are there anything else needed to install? and do i need to declare a different environmental variable? or maybe a quick start guide posted anywhere would be great.

EDIT>>>
ok. i found my answer. i hope this helps somebody else... [hackmii.com]
just create a directory, set the environmental variable, and then run the script mentioned in the article. i had to modify the script because my linux box isnt online. so i just downloaded the files described in it and extracted them to the right directories. then cut out those lines in the script and run it with " both" after it. 10 minutes later it finished and i am ready to play.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2009 02:22PM by giantpune.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login