Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What do Wii games call the home menu?

Posted by giantpune 
What do Wii games call the home menu?
September 02, 2009 12:04PM
Ok, What I am trying to learn here is what exactly does the Wii game disc tell the Wii when you press the home button and say "Return to Wii Menu".

I am looking for the equivalent of "0x100000002LL" from the "s32 WII_ReturnToMenu(void)" function from libogc. In this function, we call "WII_LaunchTitle(0x100000002LL)". There has to be something on the game disc that says "Launch this channel...(blablabla)" when you tell it to go to the wii menu. If I could just know what the games call 100000002, or if it is always in the same place on the partition, I'd be happy.
Re: What do Wii games call the home menu?
September 02, 2009 12:36PM
0x100000002LL is the title id of the system menu...

[www.wiibrew.org]
September 02, 2009 01:00PM
giantpune
Ok, What I am trying to learn here is what exactly does the Wii game disc tell the Wii when you press the home button and say "Return to Wii Menu".

I am looking for the equivalent of "0x100000002LL" from the "s32 WII_ReturnToMenu(void)" function from libogc. In this function, we call "WII_LaunchTitle(0x100000002LL)". There has to be something on the game disc that says "Launch this channel...(blablabla)" when you tell it to go to the wii menu. If I could just know what the games call 100000002, or if it is always in the same place on the partition, I'd be happy.

they just launch the title id of the system menu, i found that out using dolphin's wii menu emulator, bannerbomb doesnt work but i found out some neat things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 01:00PM by SteelSLasher.
September 02, 2009 01:59PM
but where at do they call that? is it in the main.dol or what? say a guy wanted to patch the game to load another ID... where would he go in his hex editor to do it? i have the entire iso extracted and im going through it and cant fine 100000002 anywhere.
September 02, 2009 05:50PM
I doubt you'll find it with a hex editor. You'd probably need to disassemble it with IDA Pro or something similar.
September 02, 2009 07:09PM
In preloader, just set return to as preloader and have the dol/elf file of "whatever you want to load after going to the menu through the home menu in a game" as an autoboot dol/elf... This would be easier for your...

If you want it the real hard way, yes I guess you can patch that code... You should find the relevant dol in the disc, disassemble... search something like ES_GetNumTicketViews, ES_GetTicketViews, ES_LaunchTitle in the debug output of the game, find the place where the title id is set to 0x100000002LL... then using ocarina engine you can patch the code there...

Beware though, a title id is a 64 bit value, ppc registers are 32 bit... loading an 32 bit immediate value into a 32 bit register is done in two cpu operations (each one is fixed 32 bit)... Though in this specific case possibly it could be done fewer than 4 instructions with a bit shifting and addition...

meaning : don't search for the byte by byte value....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 07:13PM by I.R.on.
September 25, 2009 01:20PM
yeah burning them are difficult, first of all you need an open area, a stove or something similar... then it's kinda dangerous burning the plastic parts, you may burn yourself... and the actual consequences of burning the disc itself is pretty unknown...
September 29, 2009 08:15PM
recommend you remove that link cavado, before the mods do...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login