Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii , Linux and PWC

Posted by cagell 
Wii , Linux and PWC
September 10, 2009 06:43PM
Hi all,

I have seen different apps that allow linux to run on the wii, also Mplayer has been ported to the Nintendo console too. Now I have some questions about connecting a webcam to the wii

a) Is it possible to get the image information from a webcam using Mplayer on the wii (did somebody try that ever)? I know thisguy got a set of commands that allow mplayer to get images from a webcam.

b) Did somebody ever try to install PWC (see here) on a linux distribution that runs on the wii?

c) I know there is support for USB on the wii but, did somebody ever write "drivers" or something to support USB webcams?

I am interested in getting a USB webcam to work with the wii (it would open lots of new and cool apps) but I do not know if somebody ever tried that before. If somebody did it would be a good starting point.

Thanks for your help

Cagell
Re: Wii , Linux and PWC
September 11, 2009 12:14PM
I don't think anyone have focused on this area, but I know one fact: it's not usb 2.0, so you will have to do with lower speeds. Is this an issue? I don't know.
September 11, 2009 09:46PM
henke37
I don't think anyone have focused on this area, but I know one fact: it's not usb 2.0, so you will have to do with lower speeds. Is this an issue? I don't know.
theres a little thing called cios, but dont know if thats allowed here, its definitely an improvement
September 11, 2009 11:16PM
USB2.0cIOS is supported here, its on WiiBrew. Its waninkoko/wiigator/etc. cIOS that isnt supported. The ones used for warez.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login