Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with Xyzzy... It won't give up my Wii's keys

Posted by giantpune 
Trouble with Xyzzy... It won't give up my Wii's keys
September 19, 2009 11:00AM
So, I grabbed Xyzzy from wiibrew and ran the dol. It does its thing downloading the IOS and installing it and printing text on the screen. But it code dumps before it tells me any keys. It also does not create the text on the SD card with the keys. By reading the text on the screen and the source code, I see it is crashing when it calls print_all_keys();. I tried messing with the source to skip the part when I think it might be crashing, but I cannot compile it. I have the current SVN libogc and when a try make, I get a long list of errors. Are there any special libs i need for this? Or is this crash a bug that has been fixed anywhere?

What I see on my TV is
Loaded IOS: 251.122.105 (not 100% sure on the numbers, it goes too fast)
Found 6 valid keystore entries and 11 valid keyring entries.
.... Keys!

then it sleeps (2)

and 

code dump @ 0x80006548

When I try to compile the code without changing it at all...

xyzzy.c
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c: In function 'print_all_keys':
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:72: warning: implicit declaration of function 'chdir'
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:89: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'ES_GetDeviceCert' differ in signedness
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:93: warning: implicit declaration of function 'hexdump'
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:96: error: 'PI_DEFAULT' undeclared (first use in this function)
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:96: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:96: error: for each function it appears in.)
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c: In function 'main':
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:212: warning: implicit declaration of function 'patchmii_network_init'
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:219: warning: implicit declaration of function 'install_temporary_ios'
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:221: warning: implicit declaration of function 'load_temporary_ios'
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:232: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sleep'
l:/code/xyzzy/source/xyzzy.c:235: warning: implicit declaration of function 'cleanup_temporary_ios'
make[1]: *** [xyzzy.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:01
Re: Trouble with Xyzzy... It won't give up my Wii's keys
September 19, 2009 12:00PM
Maybe you are using a sdhc card and the program is compiled with old libogc that doesn't have sdhc support...

Try using it with a sd card... Or use bootmii@boot2 or bootmii as IOS to dump the keys...

ps: as far as coding goes, changing it to suit current libogc should be fairly simple... use below change

//fatUnmount(PI_DEFAULT);
fatUnmount("sd");

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2009 12:07PM by I.R.on.
Re: Trouble with Xyzzy... It won't give up my Wii's keys
September 19, 2009 04:02PM
xyzzy is written for the old libogc/libfat. You need to look at everything related to card reading/writing. I think it even uses fat: in the filepaths, but after chaning this, it should work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login