Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Old libogc versions, IOS and my theories on broken lights

Posted by technik 
Old libogc versions, IOS and my theories on broken lights
September 29, 2009 11:59PM
I've been thinking about the problem of broken hardware lights and i have a couple of ideas, but I need a bit of information before I can go on with my researching.
The problem is that hardware lights doesn't work right now in homebrew, they don't even work in devkitpro examples, but they did work one year ago, so these are my two theories:
-First possibility: GX have been modified sometime oveer the last year and that change become a lighting bug. To test this I'd need an old revision of Libogc, so I could compile my code (and the examples) with bothversions and compare the results.

-Second: I'm not sure about this. When I launch an application using homebrew channel, does my application use the same ios as homebrew channel? and...are ios related to how GX work? because a change on the ios that homebrew channel uses might be the cause of the problem. Maybe one year ago homebrew channel used a different ios from now, an ios without the lighting bug, or maybe the ios it uses has been updated and now it's got the bug.

I hope someone can help me get a copy of older libogc revisions so i can test the first theory or help me with my doubts on second theory so I can move on with that.

Thanks in advance
Re: Old libogc versions, IOS and my theories on broken lights
October 01, 2009 02:12PM
GX doesn't use any IOS functionality, as GX was already present on the GC, which did not have and IOS.
October 01, 2009 06:31PM
Ok, perfect, I've downloaded a libogc version from february, but does anyone know how i can get an older one?

thanks in advance
October 02, 2009 12:11AM
November 04, 2009 11:07PM
Hello all. I too have been investigating a problem with lighting. I thought it was my code and I spent a lot of time trying various things to track it down. I'm fairly confident that the problem lies deeper, perhaps in libogc.

So I did a search to see if anyone else encountered a problem with lighting and discovered this thread, here on wiibrew.org.

Did you learn anything else about the problem? My next step is to see if I can rebuild an older snapshot of libogc and see what happens with it. I'll see about doing that right now.

I hope someone else will also chime in.

Cheers,
sakitume
November 05, 2009 08:04PM
I've been unable to find the problem, please let me know if you find any older version of libogc that eliminates the problem so we can work out a patch
November 06, 2009 12:31AM
[sourceforge.net]

You will also need the old devkitppc. And do not use a project with sd card code, this would only cause unnecessary compiling problems.

But i don't know where the old(ancient) libogc is, which could be what you are searching for.
November 06, 2009 04:19AM
It's in subversion, can't you just check out the revision you want?
November 06, 2009 05:10PM
WiiPower
But i don't know where the old(ancient) libogc is, which could be what you are searching for.
I gave the link above?

Like ulti said, just do a check out with the revision you need.

If you need a version that has not been tagged, go to [devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2009 05:11PM by Crayon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login