Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiChat, or WiiTalk?

Posted by ckinrun 
WiiChat, or WiiTalk?
October 13, 2009 12:35PM
I've spent the last 20 minutes seeing what I could whip up, in terms of chat, and talking on the wii.
Ahhhhh, the fruits of labor.
I managed to make a simple text receiving, and sending server, and a java client, as well as a small app on the wii that sent a few test lines to the server.
I think that I may make this into a chat type of system, and eventually add features, profiles, and more, but, what sounds better, WiiTalk, or WiiChat, OR if you think you have an even better name, speak up.
Also, if you want to help, and work on this project with me, feel free to ask!
(Because in all honesty I don't really want to do the entire Wii app my self...(I'd rather do the server >_>))

P.S. Before I get any remarks about it, it says 'Sending' meaning that the server received that message, and is sending the message to all available clients.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 12:36PM by ckinrun.
Re: WiiChat, or WiiTalk?
October 13, 2009 10:05PM
WIM! lol, I think WiiChat is better. About the app what's your idea? I may be interested.

Aruskano
October 14, 2009 11:21PM
A gui that would have two input boxes, one for the username and one for the password, and perhaps a button to register, and such.
But atm I'm at school, I'll colaborate more later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2009 11:21PM by ckinrun.
October 15, 2009 01:53AM
WiiChat! WiiTalk Sounds Too Mutch Like It Was Made By Nintend0!
October 15, 2009 06:54AM
Ok, at home now.
Like the main menu would be two text boxes, one that's for the user name and one for the password, and a login, a register, and a credits button at the bottom or something. then there would be a register page, etc.
And then just a chat box, it would be a text field that would receive messaged from the server, etc.

Edit:

Could I have this moved to ideas, and requests please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2009 03:11AM by ckinrun.
October 20, 2009 07:16AM
How is this going? I will do the wii app IF:

0. You still need someone.
1. You send me the source you used to talk to your server [and explain me what your server expects to receive] and a little, basic list of features it would need.
2. You don't mind if I use libwiigui.
3. You assure me you're not going to leave this project from one day to another [since it's your project you can obviously abandone it but I wouldn't like to waste my time if it's not going to get finished].

Whatever, I would like to talk with you.

Sorry for the late answer,
Aruskano

Edit: Clearify some ideas. Don't take the "requeriments" too serious and focus on the "I would like to talk with you" sentence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2009 07:19AM by Aruskano.
October 20, 2009 11:27PM
Yeah, I really don't care about how you make, but I'd be more than willing to work with you on this.
But for now I can only poist from school until I get my laptop fixed, and put it back together.

But in the meantime, do you have msn messenger or anything of the likes?

Edit:
I don't have the source for the program anymore as my hard drive shit it self, and sparked on the disk, and caught on fire in my laptop >_>.
And sorry for the late response as well.
Would have been sooner, but... yeah (above) TT__TT

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2009 11:30PM by ckinrun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login