Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Patchmii (Is this possible)?

Posted by pokeglobe 
Patchmii (Is this possible)?
October 22, 2009 09:01PM
For downloading an item say (IOS Whatever) Could you make it download the oldest version instead of the newest?
Thanks in advance!
Re: Patchmii (Is this possible)?
October 22, 2009 10:31PM
no, i think it isn't possible if you don't know the oldest available version (wich is easy, it never changes :))
October 22, 2009 10:43PM
Why not? Just input the proper parameters.

Dop-IOS MOD can do this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2009 10:43PM by Arikado.
October 22, 2009 11:15PM
I think he means the way it can be set to always get the latest version, always get the oldest version, but you must do it manually, but its not hard, just sit down with the IOS History page on WiiBrew and enter the oldest version. They keep all the old versions on. But anyway, you shouldn't downgrade IOS or System Menu, so it inadvisable to get the earliest version, except where necessary (no apps supported here).
October 23, 2009 06:19AM
I don't mind downgrading. My wii is just for dev.
October 23, 2009 05:43PM
But why do you want to downgrade IOS? You do realise that an app which downgrades IOS alienates anyone with boot2v4? (i.e. anyone with an LU64+ wii, or anyone who officially upgraded to 4.2) Please explain the app, and why it needs to downgrade IOS. I'm not trying to put you off btw, I'm just curious as to the use of downgrading IOS in your app.
October 23, 2009 07:21PM
It wont be a public app. I am just learning coding and have nothing better to do.
I have boot2v3 I think and LU10 So I am good. (4.2 Updated with a tool I made with patchmii)

Thanks for everyone's help! (Better then most forums!)

Edit: my guess for the old IOS versions still up there is updates?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2009 07:27PM by pokeglobe.
October 23, 2009 07:54PM
Yeah, there are newer versions of most IOS available as well. You can get the latest version available by feeding the version number as 0. To get the oldest version of an IOS, you must manually feed the version number you want.
October 23, 2009 08:54PM
Alright, Thanks :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login