Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

code wont compile due to devkitppc r18

Posted by SteelSLasher 
code wont compile due to devkitppc r18
October 24, 2009 12:37PM
after updating to r18 i get this error when i compile
linking ... boot.elf
e:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(ipc.o): In function `__ios_ioctlvformat_parse':
ipc.c:(.text.__ios_ioctlvformat_parse+0x174): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
e:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: e:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(ipc.o)(.text.__ios_ioctlvformat_parse+0x174): unresolvable R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation against symbol `__ctype_ptr'
ipc.c:(.text.__ios_ioctlvformat_parse+0x4e0): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
e:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: e:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(ipc.o)(.text.__ios_ioctlvformat_parse+0x4e0): unresolvable R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation against symbol `__ctype_ptr'
e:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.4.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

i get the error after all the code has been validated
Re: code wont compile due to devkitppc r18
October 24, 2009 01:48PM
There is no mention of a compiler in the output, this is a linker error.
October 24, 2009 02:10PM
I would reinstall devkitPPC r18 again. It looks like your missing some files from it.
October 24, 2009 03:17PM
i reinstalled it and it creates no difference, i told the extractor to extract to the devkitppc folder
October 24, 2009 06:00PM
Simple question, did you tried : make clean

just in case it's trying to link old stuff with the new libs!!!
October 24, 2009 07:31PM
did the cleaning after it failed the first time,

EDIT:
Used the devkitpro updater instead of the devkitppc extractor which fixed the problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 07:43PM by SteelSLasher.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login