Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bad packets sent through wifi debugging

Posted by SteelSLasher 
bad packets sent through wifi debugging
November 01, 2009 01:49PM
I used the patch from this thread [forum.wiibrew.org] and recompiled libogc to enable wifi debugging. I compiled my code and sent it over via wiiload to the wii

when it runs it waits for insight to connect to it (i am using the latest insight package for ubuntu), i connect using insight but when it recieves packets from the wii it complains that the packets are corrupted

has anyone else compiled the patched debug lib which almost certainly works?
Re: bad packets sent through wifi debugging
November 01, 2009 05:27PM
Has worked fine for me for quite some time now. I get hiccups every now and then, but nothing major.
November 01, 2009 06:33PM
thats odd since when i run insight it will connect to the wii but then it will always complain about bad packets
November 03, 2009 12:28AM
Maybe the set up I have in Eclipse is more tolerant of bad packets.
Tried fleshing out the libogc example with some more text output and "debugging" that?
November 03, 2009 08:12PM
i am using the source of my own code, and it doesnt matter whether i flesh out the code or not, insight will not connect, i am bit wary of using eclipse as i am on a 1.2ghz system with 256mb ram which surprisingly compiles faster than my pc

it might be that insight needs to be specially compiled, i will DDD on the weekend and if that fails ... eclipse FTW!
November 04, 2009 09:07PM
I meant that the simple libogc example hasn't got anything in it that should interfere with the debugging. The fleshing out referred to making it bigger than just the existing printf =)
Can't see any reason that insight needs any special treatment - the version that comes with devkitpro used to work, at least.
That said, they updated the naming recently... and the insight file still seems to be powerpc-gekko-insight.exe

This should be of some use to you if you go for Eclipse, but it hasn't been updated for the latest version of Eclipse or devkitpro (yet).
Setting up Eclipse for Wii Development
November 04, 2009 11:23PM
SteelSlasher, for what its worth, I get the same thing when using insight on my desktop PC (WinXP).

I had done some earlier wii dev on a laptop...and I think I was using an earlier version of devkitPPC...but it seemed to work okay back then. Not sure if it was my laptop and how I had gdb/insight configured or if it might be the version of devkitPPC.

I didn't use the debugger feature too much since it was soooooo slow. Plus it seemed that I couldn't interrupt a running program (break into it) with the debugger; I had to manually issue a break() call within my code.

Does anyone know if using a usbgecko device would allow me to have faster debugging as well as the ability to "break" a running program?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login