Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Latest devkitPro and GRRLIB aren't working for me...

Posted by Couchy 
Latest devkitPro and GRRLIB aren't working for me...
November 18, 2009 11:01PM
After taking a break from Wii coding, I decided to return by making a clean install of devkitPro r19 and GRRLIB 4.1.0, but I can't seem to get it to work right, and I was hoping someone here could help. Here's what I did:

1. Copied the lower-case "grrlib" folder and "grrlib.h" to my devkitPro "includes" folder.

2. In the grrlib and pngu makefiles, changed this:
CC  := $(DEVKITPPC)/bin/powerpc-gekko-gcc
AR  := $(DEVKITPPC)/bin/powerpc-gekko-ar
to this:
CC  := $(DEVKITPPC)/bin/powerpc-eabi-gcc
AR  := $(DEVKITPPC)/bin/powerpc-eabi-ar

and added -DNOGUFIX to the compiler flags.

3. Ran the install .bat for the jpg/png/pngu libs, seemingly without a problem.

4. Compiled a 47kb libgrrlib.a and copied it to wii libs folder. But I got a ton of warnings like:
c:/Users/cc/Desktop/GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB/grrlib/GRRLIB_fbGX.h:38: warning: 'GX_Position3f32' is static but used in inline function 'GRRLIB_GXEngine' which is not static
c:/Users/cc/Desktop/GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB/grrlib/GRRLIB_fbGX.h:39: warning: 'GX_Color1u32' is static but used in inline function 'GRRLIB_GXEngine' which is not static
c:/Users/cc/Desktop/GRRLIB/GRRLIB/GRRLIB/grrlib/GRRLIB_fbGX.h:41: warning: 'GX_End' is static but used in inline function 'GRRLIB_GXEngine' which is not static

5. The included example projects compile successfully, albeit with warnings like the ones above. When I try it out, the buttons work (Pressing "home" returns to the HBC), but nothing displays, and I'm stuck with a black screen.
Re: Latest devkitPro and GRRLIB aren't working for me...
November 19, 2009 04:39PM
To get rid of the warnings check this post: [grrlib.santo.fr]

For issue #5, what example are you talking about. If it's the template, it's normal.

EDIT
I think I know the problem, it has been corrected in revision 180 on svn: [code.google.com]
Before this patch, an SD was needed inside the Wii to run GRRLIB.
You should consider using the latest svn version ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 04:44PM by Crayon.
Re: Latest devkitPro and GRRLIB aren't working for me...
November 20, 2009 04:23AM
Thanks a lot! I used the latest svn version and applied that minor fix, and now GRRLIB and the "lesson1" demo compile and run perfectly. You were probably right about that bug fixed in r180 being the problem, since I was in fact loading homebrew over wifi without an SD card inserted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 04:25AM by Couchy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login