Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding SDHC support

Posted by SpaceJump 
Adding SDHC support
November 28, 2008 11:46AM
Hi,

I want to add SDHC-support to my app. Can anyone point me to a code example or tell me where to look for information?

Thanks in advance :)
Re: Adding SDHC support
November 28, 2008 11:48AM
From svpe's blog:

The only thing you need to do to enable SDHC support for your homebrew is to fetch the latest libogc which already contains the patches and recompile it. libfat will automagically work then without any changes to your code :)
November 28, 2008 11:53AM
Where can I download the latest libogc?
November 28, 2008 11:55AM
You need to compile it yourself from CVS I guess. (not sure if it's in the latest release tarball)

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@devkitpro.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/devkitpro login 
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@devkitpro.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/devkitpro co -P libogc
November 29, 2008 01:01PM
I don't have CVS. Any chance of uploading the newest libogc?
November 29, 2008 08:41PM
The newest libogc release is aleady on the devkitpro site in compiled form (r15). That's the point - if you want the latest beta version you must go to CVS or hackmii git, and compile it yourself. The latest commit may not compile properly, may be unstable, may be more stable, may offer new features, etc - who knows - which is why the code hasn't been packaged and distributed as a release just yet! If you're not comfortable with using CVS then the latest beta is probably not for you.
November 29, 2008 09:51PM
Does the r15 contain the SDHC support?
November 29, 2008 09:52PM
No, so you'll either have to wait for r16, or download vs cvs/git.
November 29, 2008 10:13PM
Do you mean this: [git.hackmii.com]
December 07, 2008 07:05PM
DevkitPPC just got updated to 16. No more need to use git. See here
December 13, 2008 11:29AM
Arikado

Does anyone happen to have a backup of devkitpro before the r16 update? I'm getting lots of errors since I updated.
December 13, 2008 03:57PM
SpaceJump
Arikado

Does anyone happen to have a backup of devkitpro before the r16 update? I'm getting lots of errors since I updated.
Loads of people are having problems (including me). I have the old version of libogc and libfat if you're interested. But I think you can grab them from somewhere on the devkitPRO website. I'll edit this post with the link if I find it.
December 13, 2008 06:40PM
Arikado
SpaceJump
Arikado

Loads of people are having problems (including me). I have the old version of libogc and libfat if you're interested. But I think you can grab them from somewhere on the devkitPRO website. I'll edit this post with the link if I find it.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could upload those for me. Thanks in advance :)
December 13, 2008 06:59PM
SpaceJump
Arikado
SpaceJump
Arikado

It would be greatly appreciated if you could upload those for me. Thanks in advance :)
No Problem I'll PM you the links soon. By the way, if there are any specific libraries not working for you, just recompile them and that may fix it.

EDIT: PM'd to you SpaceJump. If anyone else wants them, PM me for them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2008 08:53PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login