Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updated Nintendo Channel tickets

Posted by yellowstar 
Updated Nintendo Channel tickets
December 02, 2008 08:45PM
Does anyone have dumps of the Japan/PAL region tickets of the updated Nintendo Channel? I'm writing a Nintendo Channel Updater, and I can't obtain these tickets myself as they aren't available on Nus.
Re: Updated Nintendo Channel tickets
December 02, 2008 08:53PM
yellowstar
Does anyone have dumps of the Japan/PAL region tickets of the updated Nintendo Channel? I'm writing a Nintendo Channel Updater, and I can't obtain these tickets myself as they aren't available on Nus.
Tickets for channels downloaded in the Wii Shop are given a unique ticket for each Wii. You'd have to make a universal ticket and fakesign it.

Why do we need a Nintendo Channel Updater? Can't you download the update through an updated Wii Shop Channel?
December 02, 2008 09:15PM
People that region changed their Wii couldn't use the Wii Shop for updating Nintendo Channel, for the region they changed to. I guess I'll try fake signing.
December 02, 2008 09:25PM
yellowstar
People that region changed their Wii couldn't use the Wii Shop for updating Nintendo Channel, for the region they changed to. I guess I'll try fake signing.
Just a side note, a better solution for this issue would be a utility which would back up all uniquely-signed titles, allowing restoration at a later date.
Then a user could, theoretically, back up all of their installed shop-purchased titles, delete their shop account, and restore their titles. Theoretically, these backed-up titles would not be transferrable to other Wiis, and *should* be able to be reinstalled on the Wii after the Shop account is deleted.

This is kind of/sort of on my to-do list, but I'm still not fully sure of how the signing of those titles is done. Perhaps I'll make a post in one of the RE threads.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login