Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[RESOLVED] xml files

Posted by prampa 
[RESOLVED] xml files
December 20, 2009 12:50PM
hi,
I'm doing a c++ class to handle xml files. I downloaded mxml-wii, copied the included files into the right libogc path (include and lib) and modified Makefile with options -lmxml. OK.
I compile the homebrew, but I'm getting this error (linking step):
/home/casa/wii/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii/libmxml.a(mxml-file.o): In function `mxml_get_entity':
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-file.c:1423: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-file.c:1423: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
/home/casa/wii/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii/libmxml.a(mxml-string.o): In function `_mxml_vsnprintf':
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-string.c:209: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-string.c:177: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
/home/ew562c/Dev/wiichat/Client/mxml-2.5/mxml-string.c:209: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr'
/home/casa/wii/....is my local path.
I'm getting a reference to /home/ew562c/Dev........What does it mean? How can I resolve it?
Thank

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 01:07AM by prampa.
Re: xml files
December 20, 2009 01:51PM
Sounds like libmxml is broken by whatever version of devkitPRO you're using.
December 20, 2009 03:16PM
I'm using libogc version 1.8.1 and devkitppc release 19. How is possible to get all these broken references? Doesn't it exist a "deprecated" target version for the libraries, doesn't it?
It's a great problem, in my opinion.
Does it exist another library to handle xml files?
Thank
December 20, 2009 09:06PM
The "/home/ew562c/Dev" part is due to the assembly file "libmxml.a" because it was compiled on someone else's machine. Try getting the source code and compiling it yourself, or use the source code in your own project and instead of altering the Makefile with -lmxml, include the header files instead.
December 20, 2009 11:32PM
OK. I'll try as soon as possible.....
hi
December 21, 2009 12:21PM
i had those errors when i used a older version of mxml lib with the latest devkit and libogc. either update the mxml lib or downgrade to a older version of devkit/libogc and it should be fine.
December 21, 2009 02:00PM
Does it mean that when I find a good working kit (versions of devkit, libogc, mxml, libfat, grrlib/libwiisprite......and so on) i MUST keep it and develop only with it? Anyway, I don't understand the bind between libogc and handling xml files.
I hope this isn't out of topic...
hi
December 21, 2009 04:25PM
you dont have to stick with 1 version of each library by any means. but you have to make sure that your libs are compatible with each other. just the same that you cant fix a japanese car with american socket set. you cant have a lib expecting to find "u8 variableName..." in libogc but it turns out that they changed that to "bool variableName..." in an update, and in a previous version they didnt even have that variable.

i keep a devkit folder with different versions of devkitPPC itself and different folders with versions of libogc and the libs that work with them. so i just use a script to rename the folders depending on what i want to compile. and in the makefile i just leave a comment for myself what version of each folder is needed for that project to compile.
December 21, 2009 09:43PM
It's terrible what are you telling! I understand your kind of organization, but is it really necessary? However you have "n" kit of compatible libs with each other, and you use one of them depending on what you have to compile. But you can't use a combination of them. Is it right?
I'm sorry because I can't use the library and I have to write other software to handle xml files.
The solution is upgrade or downgrade something until it works fine.
I have other software I don't compile(and I never understood why): perhaps your organization is the right way to proceed.
Thank
December 22, 2009 04:50AM
its not necessary. but if you dont have older versions of libs, you cant compile older apps. try to compile a new version of snes9x with an older libogc. or and older version with a newer libogc. it wont work. you must be using the same (or close to it) libs that the original author was using. its either that, or rewrite each app to work with the one kit you put together.
December 22, 2009 10:41AM
OK. I like your organization and I think that it's could be included in a category of "tricks and tips" .
However, I have to use xml in my project. What do you think about it? Do I write myself the code to handle nodes and attributes of a xml document? Do I look for compatibles libs (devkit & other) with my version of mxml?
regards
December 22, 2009 11:25PM
No no. The problem is that mxml (and all other libs) get statically linked. That means that once they are compiled, the .a only works with a compatible environment.

Simply recompiling mxml itself from its source code, under your environment, will fix the problem. That's what I've done. Here, I've uploaded my copy for you: [www.mediafire.com]
Re: [RESOLVED] xml files
December 23, 2009 01:17AM
it's all right. I have downloaded your copy of mxml, I have put the libs (*.h and *.a) into libogc directories and now my homebrew is working fine.
I thank everyone
best regards
May 27, 2010 05:14PM
Tantric
No no. The problem is that mxml (and all other libs) get statically linked. That means that once they are compiled, the .a only works with a compatible environment.

Simply recompiling mxml itself from its source code, under your environment, will fix the problem. That's what I've done. Here, I've uploaded my copy for you: [www.mediafire.com]

Hey Tantric, I am having the same problem and I am using DevKitPro r21 (just downloaded it yesterday from sourceforge.net). Yesterday I was able to compile the "BibleQuiz" game that wplaat authored. However, this morning I was looking at codemii.com tutorials and downloaded the mxml zip file from that site. I then took the lib and include folders and copied (merged) them into the "c:\devkitpro\libogc\" folder. Now when I open the BibleQuiz source in Programmers Notepad and try to "make" it I get the same errors as above. I'm not sure what to do to make things "right" again, so I've uninstalled DevKitPro and reinstalled it. I still want to install mxml so could you email your compiled version, I clicked on the mediafire link but it states the file does not exist.

Thanks Tantric.
Re: [RESOLVED] xml files
May 27, 2010 05:31PM
DevKitPro provides quite a few libraries precompiled, just look at:
[sourceforge.net] under "portlibs"
This includes mxml, and many others that a lot of developers use.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login