Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error while compiling with SDL

Posted by TutenStain 
Error while compiling with SDL
January 05, 2010 11:22AM
I followed this [wiibrew.org] and then tried the code number 2 here [wiibrew.org]. I have changed the make file lib to "LIBS := -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_gfx -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lfreetype -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lSDL -lfat -lwiiuse -lbte -logc -lm" as suggested in the tutorial but I get poblems like "can not find -lfreetype".

What I am doing wrong?
Re: Error while compiling with SDL
January 05, 2010 12:29PM
Install the freetype library.
January 05, 2010 01:24PM
And how do I do that?
January 05, 2010 02:47PM
I don't think the code makes use of freetype, so you can remove -lfreetype from the library list.
January 05, 2010 02:49PM
The same way you install any other library.

Find the library.

Download it.

Unzip it.

Put the *.h files in the include folder inside the libogc folder.

Put the *.a files in the lib folder inside the libogc folder.
January 05, 2010 02:59PM
Thanks, got it working!
January 05, 2010 09:40PM
Actually that advice is outdated. You should download the libs from [sourceforge.net] and place them in c:\devkitPro\portlibs\ppc, not in the libogc folder.
January 05, 2010 10:16PM
Tantric
Actually that advice is outdated. You should download the libs from [sourceforge.net] and place them in c:\devkitPro\portlibs\ppc, not in the libogc folder.
Depending on how the project's makefile is set-up, couldn't my advice be perfectly applicable?
January 06, 2010 01:09AM
People can put their libraries in c:\Windows, but I wouldn't advise that either. It's still bad advice, better advice would be to update the makefile.
January 06, 2010 01:37AM
I personally think it's easier to have all of the libs lumped together in one folder (I understand it's 'incorrect' because some libs are not part of libogc so they shouldn't be in the libogc folder). But to each his own. The only right answer to set-up your project however it's easiest for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login