Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MLlib seems to be old (searching replacement)

Posted by iSubaru 
Re: MLlib seems to be old (searching replacement)
July 13, 2010 04:23PM
Your png are 256 colors, palette are not working in libpng. Convert them in 24bit or 32bit.

If you want warnings like that when converting your images, instead of raw2c, you may want to use WiiBuilder.
July 13, 2010 04:47PM
Ah...so that's why...well I have habit to convert to 256colors because of DS programming, I had no idea that Wii preffers no-pallete way
Oh well one sec I will try it on, I hope it will finally kill sprites problem and I will be able to return to old code again...which went missing somewhere in hell I bet...heh

Guess what, it loaded it properly :D
Thank You million times
I can finally return to coding...finally...OK first of all will be rewrite small game and release it on Wiibrew...
BTW if I may ask here (to not make thousand topics for single things)
Let's say I have released homebrew game, did added it more or less to wiibrew as wiki page so everybody can download it...how to make it possible be downloadable by Homebrew Browser? Is there some thing that must be sent to someone for acceptation, or maybe they do it automatically?

Thank You for advance

iSubaru

EDIT #1
Also is there in MLlib some way to do...hmmm SetFrame thing?
Like that
We load frame 0 of 3-frame sprite
and when we point on it and press A button it will show frame 1 ?

Thank You for advance once again

iSubaru

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 05:07PM by iSubaru.
July 13, 2010 06:01PM
iSubaru
how to make it possible be downloadable by Homebrew Browser? Is there some thing that must be sent to someone for acceptation, or maybe they do it automatically?
Simply add it to the list: [wiibrew.org]
July 13, 2010 07:58PM
Crayon
Your png are 256 colors, palette are not working in libpng. Convert them in 24bit or 32bit.
pngu is the problem not libpng.

I've patched the pngu in the GoF SVN to fix this issue: [daid2.mine.nu]. But only when converting to RGBA8.
July 13, 2010 08:01PM
Daid
Crayon
pngu is the problem not libpng..
Yes, you are right. I don't know why I wrtote that :(
July 15, 2010 12:45PM
Oh well I don't mind 24bits PNG files, for now they won't take all memory...and probably long time it won't change teehee
Add to the list...like editing this page You have linked and adding? Somehow I find some instructions on Wiibrew difficult to understand...dunno why

BTW Minishlink does MLlib allows to load also XM files or just MOD ones? If that's only for MOD for now...hmm I will have to use detour :P
Loading tracker music is diffrent in DS so I'm little confused by lines in "mod from buffer" example because it looks like only MOD files can be loaded
In other hand it would be odd that You can load MOD files but can't XM ones...especially with hardware Wii has

EDIT #1
It seems I will have to find some DeleteSprite functions in MLlib because doing detour with animations just don't work well :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 02:35PM by iSubaru.
July 21, 2010 12:46AM
iSubaru
Also is there in MLlib some way to do...hmmm SetFrame thing?
Like that
sprite.currentFrame = X;
:)

MLlib supports only MOD and MP3 right now, but it shouldn't be hard to support XM. ;)

iSubar
It seems I will have to find some DeleteSprite functions in MLlib because doing detour with animations just don't work well :(
I don't know what you mean, sorry. ^^'
July 22, 2010 09:09PM
Explain please a little more that sprite.currentFrame = X; thing :)

The second part was a plan to make initial board as background and then create sprites on top of it then delete them, but there seems to be no delete sprite function or I have missed it
Anyway try it out and You will know what I mean more or less

[wiibrew.org]

Mwehehehe :D

Enjoy

Thank You for advance

iSubaru
July 23, 2010 04:49AM
iSubaru
ML_Sprite sprite;
... // loading image and sprite, initizalizing tile system and so on...

if(Wiimote[0].Newpress.A) sprite.currentFrame = 1;
That's it ;)

Why would you need delete sprites functions ? You can just set their "visible" member to false and they won't be visible anymore if that's what you want. Like :
sprite.visible = false;

I can't try your game right now because I'm in holidays/vacation in California, USA; so I don't have any Wii. I come back to my home in France the 24th of August... :\

Let me now if that's what you wanted ! ;)
July 23, 2010 01:55PM
Heh again my habits speaks for me, in DS programming there was no such idea for visible/non-visible of sprites because of a little limited memory compared to Wii, so to not make it overload we had to delete sprites, we can load them again of course but to save memory, there is deletion :P

I will try this if(Wiimote[0].Newpress.A) sprite.currentFrame = 1;
I take that "sprite" word is name of sprite loaded?
Lemme check it out, I will edit post in a minute or two :D

Sadly I found out that game can't go on Dolphin, at least one of users says that, I can't recompile Dolphin because of some global changes in libraries <_< I would have to add -ld library manually which I do not know how to do in scons...duh
Foreshadowing question, no I can't use "stable" 2.0 because it calls old libraries, I would have to screw up half of my Linux for this, not very good price...

Anyway off to checking, will edit in a minute

EDIT #1
Oh yeah, it compiled :) I will apply it to all instructions then and check out on Wii, if this will work, RC2 will be ready to go ^_^
Thank You a ton

EDIT #2
Well not exactly effect I wanted
On resetting to frame 0 as starting it goes fine but selection does this:
changes to frame 1 then to 2 and disappears
I will check if that's instructions bad coding or something...well at DS this way worked but who knows maybe I did something wrong there...

EDIT #3
If that changes anything, 8 sprites are loaded from one image loaded, so there is only one image and 7 "copies" of it names blocks0 to blocks8

EDIT #4
Ah one moment, maybe it collide with animation functions for sprites, give me a minute to try it out

EDIT #5
Yup that was the case, now I can continue with development, I guess today RC2 can really be done :)
Thank You a ton for help

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2010 04:13PM by iSubaru.
July 24, 2010 04:39AM
If you want to delete an image, call ML_DeleteImage(&image); but there is no point to delete sprite since it's just a couple of variables. ;)
I'm glad you figured out. :)

If you want some help, check out the source of my TicTacToe game, even though it's very old and it won't compile with the lastest MLlib.
July 24, 2010 01:13PM
Game is done sort of, now to add cosmetic things like music and such extras, I will try for now with going with MOD files only until You will make XM and others avaiable :D (maybe maxmod can help or mikmod?)

I have did meta.xml and icon as well, oh and few updates teehee (including VERY simple webpage)

www.wiibrew.org/RockBlueMet

Enjoy~ :D

Finally one game is sort of done
Now to figure out why second is hanging up (code dump) I have checked images and made sure they are 24bits...well time to take apart code again heh...
July 25, 2010 03:28AM
I think you can convert any music file to MP3, and play the MP3 with MLlib. You can also play RAW. (see "Plop!" sources)

Nice to see your game out ! :)
July 30, 2010 10:34AM
Indeed I can technically use MP3 but I don't like that format much
It's like a kind of sin to me to convert tracker format music to MP3, it's like cutting of WAV format :(
In other hand if I won't be able to convert or find few more "MOD" files, then I will have to use MP3 unless You will be able to code in XM/IT/S3M and others (or at least those 3 :P)

Also I have proved that it can be run on Dolphin
I had to only change CPU Emulator Engine to Interpreter, rest of settings worked on default as for graphics at least, sound is always problematic with dang PulseAudio so I don't blame it for not working yet : >

I will have to try to code some more today, at least music change...and maybe use of second WiiMote...or some intro screen...or options screen...oh man a lot of work to do T_T
Please try to code XM at least, good luck
It shouldn't be difficult, XM basically has more channels and some sound "extras" I think
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login