sndlib installation problems

Posted by Arikado 
sndlib installation problems
December 23, 2008 03:16PM
I'm attempting to use Method 2 to install sndlib. It states:

Method 2
METHOD 2: Patch libogc.a using 'libogc_patch' from this pack
--------

- Merge 'libogc' with my 'libogc_patch' content in this pack and compile it. The merge is necessary to include the modplayer patch and the sound functions in
libogc. It replace the old Modplayer and add sndlib to libogc.a

- Copy 'snd_example', 'snd_oggexample', 'tremor' and 'song_lib' to examples/wii

- Now you can compile 'snd_example' & 'snd_oggexample' :)

*** About snd_oggexample: Put a ogg file named 'sample.ogg' in the root directory of the SD memory to play an external Ogg when the intenal Ogg finish

*** snd.h, song_lib.h and oggplayer.h contain important info about as you can use the functions in your example

However, nothing seems to be working right for me at all. I'm getting compiler errors, and I've probably set up my enviroment completely wrong. So I was wondering, would anyone just be willing to send me the correctly patched files and any other files I need? It would save me alot of time and frustration.

Thanks,
Arikado
Re: sndlib installation problems
December 23, 2008 11:28PM
Also, does anyone know of any extremely easy ways I could get sound up and running without using sndlib? Trying to get this beast to compile is giving me headaches.
December 24, 2008 12:30AM
I had problems too. This thread helped me fix it. I used AerialX's lib (link is in the thread) [forum.wiibrew.org]
December 24, 2008 12:32AM
Thank you
December 24, 2008 02:07AM
@scanff that lib is depricated. shagkur incorporated all of Hermes changes into the current release of libogc. My thanks to them and everyone involved with devkitpro and libogc. If you want to help please point people to the newest information. There is no need to add any libs to libogc 1.7.0 to use sound!!!! It would be nice if someone update the sndlib wiki page with info about asndlib. That would prevent anymore threads of this nature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2008 02:08AM by linus.
December 24, 2008 02:14AM
linus
There is no need to add any libs to libogc 1.7.0 to use sound!!!!

Thankyou!!! I was unaware of that! You just saved me alot of headaches (cause I'm already on 1.7.0). Now I just have to figure out how this stuff works.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2008 02:15AM by Arikado.
December 24, 2008 02:20AM
check my post on the thread linked above. it has an example of how play an ogg file. also you can check the post about set volume missing in mod play. If you are missing any functionality you can use libogc 1.7.1 from that post.
December 24, 2008 02:20AM
Yeah that's the problem I found, it maybe there but there is a real lack of documentation about what's in these libraries. At least I'm unaware of any?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2008 02:21AM by scanff.
December 24, 2008 04:01PM
They should bundle documentation with their libraries. The documentation with libwiisprite is the reason I got wii shooting gallery out so quickly many months ago.

Anyways, the mp3 functions are still in libogc along with sndlib, right?
December 25, 2008 02:12PM
Hi all,

On my website i have a compile libogc 1.7.1 library available with includes libfat 1.0.2 and libsnd 1.0.
I took me also some time to compile it right. I have adapted the makefile my self to get the job done.

[members.tele2.nl]

Willem
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login