Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Avoid IOS Reloading

Posted by arasium 
Avoid IOS Reloading
September 15, 2010 09:48AM
Since HBC 1.07, it is possible to avoid the IOS reloading with a tag in the meta xml.

I want to use that in order to take the advantage of the AHBPROT. But, i'm debugging my soft using Wiiload (so no meta.xml).
Is there an other method to keep the AHBPROT?

Thx
Re: Avoid IOS Reloading
September 15, 2010 12:53PM
IOS_ReloadIOS(58);
September 15, 2010 01:38PM
No, i want to avoid this.
If I reload under the IOS58, i will loast the full hardware access (AHBPROT setted by the HBC).

I know that i can put the tag in the meta.xml, but i won't use it in the dubegging phase with wiiload.....
Is it possible to do the same as with c/c++ code?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2010 01:39PM by arasium.
September 15, 2010 04:13PM
Isn't AHBPROT part of IOS 58? ( I mean, if it wasn't, DOP-Mii: WiiBrew Edition wouldn't work - We IOS_ReloadIOS() all the time...).
September 15, 2010 04:20PM
In the case of DOP-MII, you install legal signed ioses, and you don't need any special thing to do that. This will work without the AHBPROT setted by the HBC (this is working with older versions of the HBC).

But i think it's the HBC wich set the AHBPROT with the good value, and IOS_Reloading should remove that. The pb is that i need a full DVD access and i need the AHBPROT to do that (i don't want to use any illegal cios here).
September 15, 2010 06:17PM
IOS_Reload should indeed remove HW_AHBPROT flags because it changes the title ID currently running AFAIK, which resets the flags or whatever. When programs are sent via WiiLoad, they have HW_AHBPROT set automatically, and the IOS won't be reloaded before the program is run, so provided your app doesn't reload IOS, it'll be there.

And Arikado: HW_AHBPROT is nothing to do with IOS58. Its a byte in the TMD of HBC set to a particular value that means that when the title is loaded, HW_AHBPROT flags are set. IOS58 is used so USB2.0 is available too. In conjunction with HW_AHBPROT, this allows a lot of stuff that previously needed patched IOS.
September 15, 2010 06:59PM
It's not that HBC "sets" AHBPROT - it's already set before it even loads as SirJar points out. So to not lose it you can add <no_ios_reload /> to meta.xml.

In answer to the original question, HBC will not reload IOS for wiiloaded apps, so that mimics the <no_ios_reload /> behavior.
September 15, 2010 07:12PM
Thank you.
September 17, 2010 07:37PM
Old versions of libogc always added an IOS_ReloadIOS(36) to all programs. To avoid this either update your libogc or add this function to your project:
s32 __IOS_LoadStartupIOS()
{
return 0;
}
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login