Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ISFS Permission Problems

Posted by vashgs 
ISFS Permission Problems
October 20, 2010 07:50PM
I'm trying to use ISFS to access a save file and write to it. When writing my app, I streamed it via Wiiload and all of the ISFS operations worked perfectly fine. However, when installing the app to my SD card and running it normally via HBC, none of the ISFS operations have permission anymore. Any ideas? Source upon request.
Re: ISFS Permission Problems
October 20, 2010 09:21PM
Perhaps a long shot, but over WiiLoad, all apps are given HW_AHBPROT access. Try adding a < no_ios_reload /> (remove the space between < and no, phorum doesn't like it if I put it in properly...) tag to the meta.xml, and see if it works then. Unless you programmed it to use HW_AHBPROT, it should make NO difference, but perhaps try it anyway.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 09:23PM by SifJar.
October 20, 2010 09:32PM
Strangely enough, that did it. Thanks a lot!
October 20, 2010 09:45PM
Huh, kinda strange unless you programmed it to use HW_AHBPROT, but no matter, I'm glad you got it fixed. BTW, what are you doing with the save file? Anything big and interesting?
October 21, 2010 10:35PM
Maybe it's just a matter of which IOS is used? In the cases it works, HW_AHBPROT is enabled, but also running the same IOS as HBC is running on. I think with IOS Reload HBC loads IOS36 for all apps, well it did that for a long time, don't know about the latest versions.

So if you want to release your app, you may want to check which IOS your app is using when skipping the IOS Reload. And also if it still works if you install a clean version of that IOS. And/or if it still works if your do an IOS Reload manually for that IOS.

Hmm, or you did have the disc inserted, HBC inited the drive thus enabling nand access for the title id of the disc...
November 02, 2010 07:16PM
It's not due to HW_AHBPROT or any particular IOS, it's due to IOS being reloaded. When IOS isn't reloaded your app will run with the HBC title's permissions but if IOS is reloaded you get nothing.
November 03, 2010 12:06AM
I'm actually accessing the HBC save, so it makes sense that it would have permissions to its own save when the IOS is not reloaded.
November 03, 2010 06:41PM
Ah, that explains it then. Nothing to do with HW_AHBPROT.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login