Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

libogc

Posted by Harpreet13 
libogc
January 30, 2011 10:10PM
im new to coding i've set up devkit. i just dont know what libogc is. could someone tell me what it is used for in simple way
Re: libogc
January 31, 2011 07:41AM
Libogc is a set of tools(libraries) that are used to program the wii. If you want to learn how to code for the wii you don't need to know too much about how it works. If you have never coded before learn c on your computer first, then move to the wii. If you already know c then go to codemii.com and there are a few tutorials there about wii programming.
January 31, 2011 04:41PM
how are you supposed to use those libaries
January 31, 2011 04:53PM
the same way you use libc.
January 31, 2011 08:41PM
Harpreet13
how are you supposed to use those libaries

If you're just wondering how to write a basic program, then you don't have to worry too much about the libraries and libogc, the Makefile handles most of that stuff. Basically, libogc is a "folder" that contains all the libraries (like "libwiiuse" for the use of the wiimote) and the headers that contain all of the functions. If you want to find out more about libogc, you can visit the Wiibrew Page.
February 01, 2011 02:06AM
is there a tutorial to use libogc
February 01, 2011 05:58AM
libogc = wii programing. If you want to learn to program for the wii go to codemii.com. There are some tutorials there
February 01, 2011 09:30PM
g_man
libogc = wii programing. If you want to learn to program for the wii go to codemii.com. There are some tutorials there

I just checked the Codemii tutorials and they seem to be for the Gamecube even though it states that they are "Wii Programming Tutorials". There are many more tutorials on the net if you want to see them and you could also check the pre-made examples that come with devkitPro.
February 02, 2011 01:36AM
Microme
g_man

I just checked the Codemii tutorials and they seem to be for the Gamecube even though it states that they are "Wii Programming Tutorials". There are many more tutorials on the net if you want to see them and you could also check the pre-made examples that come with devkitPro.
If you read through the tutorials you'll find that they start off by showing how it works for the gamecube, and then showing how it works for the wii. It shouldn't be too hard to understand if you have a good understanding of C. If not, the tutorial tries to teach it, but you would be better off learning it on your computer first.
February 02, 2011 04:23AM
g_man
codemii was helpful for learning basics of coding and converting codes for gc to wii
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login