Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FMyLife Compile Source

Posted by One2Remember 
FMyLife Compile Source
March 14, 2011 06:18AM
These are the errors I get when trying to compile FMyLife source..

// Initialize the FreeTypeGX library with the Trebuchet font.
FreeTypeGX *ftgx = new FreeTypeGX(); //Throws error: no matching function for call to 'FreeTypeGX::FreeTypeGX() and error: 'ftgx' was not declared in this scope

ftgx->loadFont(trebuchet_ttf, trebuchet_ttf_size, 18); //Throws class FreeTypeGX' has no member named 'loadFont' //I checked FreeTypeGX there is no member named loadFont there is however loadGlyphData?

// Get the maximum height we need.
wt = ftgx->charToWideChar((char*) "A"); //Throws 'class FreeTypeGX' has no member named 'charToWideChar' // I checked freetypegx there is a member named charToWideChar

wt = ftgx->charToWideChar((char*) t->c_str()); //Throws 'class FreeTypeGX' has no member named 'charToWideChar'

> "make"
button_a.png
button_home.png
button_minus.png
button_one.png
button_plus.png
main_bg.png
trebuchet.ttf
fmylife.cpp
c:/Users/fdfdg/Desktop/fmylife/FMyLife/source/fmylife.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
c:/Users/fdfdg/Desktop/fmylife/FMyLife/source/fmylife.cpp:40:36: error: no matching function for call to 'FreeTypeGX::FreeTypeGX()'
c:\devkitpro\devkitppc\bin\../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/include/FreeTypeGX.h:132:3: note: candidates are: FreeTypeGX::FreeTypeGX(FT_UInt, uint8_t)
c:\devkitpro\devkitppc\bin\../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/include/FreeTypeGX.h:105:18: note: FreeTypeGX::FreeTypeGX(const FreeTypeGX&)
c:/Users/fdfdg/Desktop/fmylife/FMyLife/source/fmylife.cpp:41:8: error: 'class FreeTypeGX' has no member named 'loadFont'
c:/Users/fdfdg/Desktop/fmylife/FMyLife/source/fmylife.cpp: In function 'void drawText(FreeTypeGX*, int, int, int, int, GXColor, char*)':
c:/Users/fdfdg/Desktop/fmylife/FMyLife/source/fmylife.cpp:287:13: error: 'class FreeTypeGX' has no member named 'charToWideChar'
c:/Users/fdfdg/Desktop/fmylife/FMyLife/source/fmylife.cpp:307:15: error: 'class FreeTypeGX' has no member named 'charToWideChar'
c:/Users/fdfdg/Desktop/fmylife/FMyLife/source/fmylife.cpp:321:15: error: 'class FreeTypeGX' has no member named 'charToWideChar'
c:/Users/fdfdg/Desktop/fmylife/FMyLife/source/fmylife.cpp:334:14: error: 'class FreeTypeGX' has no member named 'charToWideChar'
make[1]: *** [fmylife.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:05

Edit: I was able to fix the above errors by downloading an older version of FreeTypeGX, now it compiles and runs but images are not showing, does this mean I need an older version of MLlib as well?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 06:58AM by One2Remember.
Re: FMyLife Compile Source
March 28, 2011 10:52PM
Whoa, didn't think anyone out there was still interested in this.

Yes, the last time I compiled that source was with very older versions of MLlib and FreeTypeGX. I was actually working on a version that used GRRLIB, but I just haven't found the motivation to do so. In fact, I think I still have some code around where I was playing around with it.

I'm kinda embarrassed by that code *sweatdrop* as it was mostly a hack-job. I know for a fact the app is broken as I took a look at the newest FML HTML and its structure has changed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login