Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Setting Replacer MOD.

Posted by PabloACZ 
Problems with Setting Replacer MOD.
October 07, 2011 08:39AM
I'm doing a modification of this little app made by Tona ages ago. So far it works fine, I added features like an IOS selection screen and USB compatibility... Well, I actually have problems initializing the USB device. I'm using the InitUSB() function posted by Arikado in his blog, which has worked before with other homebrew applications. However, in this case, it seems it will only init the USB device if the IOS58 is being used, but it can't be used for this process because I need to call ES_Identify related commands (unless I use the HW_AHBPROT flag, which I really don't want to employ).

The other IOSes are not vanilla (e.g. sign check removed), but they can do the backup/restore job with the SD card without problems. Any ideas?
Re: Problems with Setting Replacer MOD.
October 07, 2011 05:49PM
Why do you not want to use HW_AHBPROT? It is a much cleaner approach than using a patched IOS and is much simpler for end users.
October 07, 2011 06:05PM
SifJar
Why do you not want to use HW_AHBPROT? It is a much cleaner approach than using a patched IOS and is much simpler for end users.

Personal reasons. I don't want to use complex code from DOP-Mii/FTPii, code that I don't understand (I'm still learning C++). And I'd really like to wait 'til the network bug is fixed in the HBC.
October 07, 2011 06:12PM
There is a perfectly functional workaround for that bug (patching the current IOS to load the next title loaded with HW_AHBPROT, and then reloading the current IOS to kill the network request that caused the bug - I'm pretty sure the code is in dop-Mii, probably FTPii as well), but I guess it makes sense you don't want to use code you don't understand. But at the same time, I think it might be good idea to try and understand it ;)

Anyway, sadly I can't offer any other assistance in the field of USB initialisation.
October 08, 2011 03:43AM
You need to trim the code down to the smallest test case that still reproduces the problem if you want someone to figure out why it doesn't work. Without it, nobody has any idea what modifications you've made that could possibly contain bugs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login