Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ubuntu - Installation of libogc

Posted by watso4183 
Ubuntu - Installation of libogc
January 04, 2009 11:50AM
I am attempting to get libogc in devkitpro on Ubuntu. I'm new to Wiibrew coding, but not to coding or Ubunutu. I followed the instructions (from MANY sites) and have gotten devkitpcc going fine, but the compiler is failing to locate any of the files located within libogc. I have my folder structure as such:
-/home/.../devkitpro
|-/devkitPPC
|-/libogc

(there are other folders under /devkitpro, but these two seemed the only significant ones to this issue)

Any input? I figured I'd try here before the Ubuntu forums. If I do end up posting there, and find a resolution, I'll return and post here.

Thanks
Re: Ubuntu - Installation of libogc
January 04, 2009 04:45PM
How are you compiling your app? If it's with the Makefile template, then it sounds like you didn't define the DEVKITPRO environmental variable. Here's my csh setup script for wii dev:
setenv DEVKITPRO /tools/devkitpro_r16
setenv DEVKITPPC $DEVKITPRO/devkitPPC
setenv WIILOAD tcp:192.168.1.105
set path=($DEVKITPPC/bin $path)
If you're using a different Makefile, or just running plain gcc/g++, then you need to specify where the libogc include files are with the option "-I/path/to/libogc/include"
January 04, 2009 09:52PM
Thanks for the response...this is what i've got going so far:
Makefile using Make -f makefile_file_location. I added the following to ~/.bashrc
export DEVKITPRO=$HOME/david/devkitpro
export DEVKITARM=$DEVKITPRO/devkitARM
export DEVKITPPC=$DEVKITPRO/devkitPPC
PATH=$PATH:$DEVKITPPC/bin
PATH=$PATH:$DEVKITPPC/libogc

also attempted Make -I $DEVKITPRO/libogc -f makefile_file_location

didn't seem to work. Still fails to locate all files under libogc/includes.

Should i remove the above rom the ~/.bashrc and replace with your setdev instructions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 10:09PM by watso4183.
January 04, 2009 10:53PM
watso4183
Should i remove the above rom the ~/.bashrc and replace with your setdev instructions?

No, that looks correct except for the last line. The libogc dir I have is in the same dir as the devkitPPC dir, like you show in your first post, and I don't have any binaries in my libogc that I need to set my path to.

also attempted Make -I $DEVKITPRO/libogc -f makefile_file_location

Are you using your own Makefile, or the one from the wii_examples dir found here? The Makefile from wii_examples should work without you having to explicitly specify the libogc includes/libs.
January 05, 2009 12:29PM
Michael-Thanks for helping...

I've been trying with the same examples as you linked to, but so far no good. I'm contemplating removing everything and starting fresh...I believe i recall seeing a linux 'installation' script. Advice either way? or guide for Ubuntu (or any linux flavor) that you would recomend? As I have failed to find any, my intention is to make up my own guide once I'm sure of my setup.

I assume your running linux based on the fact your giving input, but is it Ubuntu or another flavor?

Thanks

-Dave

Edit: the failure for Makefile in top dir of wii examples is in finding -lfat
"/home/david/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-gekko/4.2.4/../../../../powerpc-gekko/bin/ld: cannot find -lfat"

Edit 2: Soo...the phrase "better to keep your mouth shut, and be thought an idiot......" is coming to mind.
tried makefile under /wiiexamples/templates...went just fine. Means 1 of 2 things
1) I'm a moron...(and to that end...sorry for wasting your time)
2) I managed to mess up some minute detail...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 12:41PM by watso4183.
January 05, 2009 05:19PM
Hi Dave,

You're welcome. Glad to hear you got things working. I'm running Ubuntu 8.1 and CentOS 5.x, both run devkitpro without any issues so far. I hope you'll be rolling out some cool homebrew games/apps in the future :-) Good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login