Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The making of Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

Posted by owen 
The making of Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
December 28, 2011 02:04AM
Just finished playing Ico for the first time on PS2 the other day and though the camera sucked but I really loved the feel of the whole world and the environment. I got to reading up about it and found PDF making of its sister game; [www.ninjadodo.net] ( some of you may find it a long but interesting read on the tech stuff behind the game )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 01:25PM by owen.
Re: The making of Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
December 28, 2011 01:22PM
Shadow of the Colossus is a great game. Only played it once (it belonged to my brother, and I got further in about an hour than he did in all the times he played it, so he didn't let me play it again), but it was pretty good. Never played Ico though. Always wanted to, but I could never find it.
December 28, 2011 02:29PM
Ico is a puzzle game with similar graphical art style (mostly post processing) where you lead a girl through a castle - its just as good but in a different way than shadow. The castle is the enemy instead of the colossi. I just start playing through the ps2 stuff since its pretty cheap now and was impressed with how big and technically complicated the games are shadows, bloom lighting, collision detection, and the almost seemless world of SOC.
December 28, 2011 11:03PM
I just went and picked up Halo CEA and I saw for the PS3 there's a bundle of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus remade in HD. I was tempted to get them but didn't have enough money at the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login