Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Remote Plus Bluetooth Communication

Posted by feu.teston 
Wii Remote Plus Bluetooth Communication
March 29, 2013 10:03AM
Hi to all!

I bought a Wii Remote Plus (RVL-CNT-01-TR) for using to comunicate with my computer. I was able to pair it (programmatically in Java and using bluetooth tools from MacOs), but all the other successive communication fails. I am not sure if all the software I used to test it was written using some protocol supported only by the previous version of the wiimote. So far, the best place I got information about the protocol of the wiimote was on the wiibrew. I am using MacOS and I am trying to do the communication using Java bluetooth stack. My main objective is to respond on the button events as well as the accelerometer, but I even could run any simple test, such as controlling the LEDs for example.

So, given my scenario, let's ask the questions:
1 - What is the best piece of software for me to look at that communicates well with this version of Wiimote (RVL-CNT-01-TR)? No problem at all with Linux only implementations but MacOS or Java is preferred.
2 - Is there any documentation describing the protocol and messages in detail?
3 - If this isn't the right place for asking this kind of question, I appreciate to be pointed to the right place :)

Thanks in advance for everyone!

Kind regards,

Teston
Re: Wii Remote Plus Bluetooth Communication
April 01, 2013 05:24AM
this thread should be in the hardware section. look in there for answer
Re: Wii Remote Plus Bluetooth Communication
April 01, 2013 08:44PM
Thanks Owen! I'll post this question to the hardware section then.

Kind regards,

Luiz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login