Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with wii to DS Nifi protocol?

Posted by TUWieZ 
Help with wii to DS Nifi protocol?
March 06, 2014 09:48PM
Disclaimer: I'd just like to make it known that I'm coding illiterate as of today, I've been trying to poke around with dol files and devkit to try to learn some basics. I know I don't belong here however I just need to know the status of modern Wii to DS Nifi coding, if it's even been debunked. Anyway,

I've seen multiple threads from years ago mentioning tools to synchronize the DS and the Wii upon idea requests (Mostly posts from 2009-2010) Ex:
[forum.wiibrew.org]
[forum.wiibrew.org]
[forum.wiibrew.org]
[forum.wiibrew.org]

It was left a dead discussion. Has anyone written code that utilizes the Wii's Nifi (Local/LAN 802.11b/g) abilities? I'd like to poke around with an application that does so. I've been researching the posibilities of tunneling NDS Local multiplayer. With the Wii U's packet relaying tool for MH3 the possibility popped up of tunneling via Wii's HBC and modified code from ftpii rigged for packet upload/download over FTP between Wii's. It may seem irrational but the only hardware I know of that can transmit and recieve the Layer 3 Nifi signals (Nintendo's LAN Wifi protocol used for local DS multiplayer and Wii to DS transmissions, Ex: Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokemon Ranch, AC:CF - DS Suitcase feature, Nintendo Channel) and also connect to the internet. (Without any external hardware, ex: specific wireless card/router setups)

Upon researching the nifi LAN connection protocols, I got the news that Nintendo was planning on shutting down its dedicated servers for DS/Wii games on May 20th 2014, which is now one of my motives for my goal of successful DS multiplayer tunneling.

This isn't an idea request, however I figured I'd explain the reason behind my question, which is simply asking if there is code written to utilize Wii to DS nifi via Wii HBC in any way/shape/form. Any help would be more than appriciated. Thanks.

PS I'd like to know if anyone has poked around with the U8 files of a Wii to DS game/channel, ex.Pokemon Ranch. If DS to Wii transmission (and vice versa) hasn't yet been debunked maybe looking at the decompiled files in the WAD would give us a lead towards understanding the protocol.
Re: Help with wii to DS Nifi protocol?
March 06, 2014 10:31PM
There is no homebrew code for Wii <-> DS communication.
The MH3U relay does require extra hardware - the Wii U has to be connected to the internet using an external LAN adapter, since the wifi adapter can't do DS communication and regular wifi at the same time.
June 04, 2014 01:20PM
Update: Ripped the MH3U packet relayer tools via packet capture during the download.

tl;dr, download link:
(Hosted via puush, let me know if there's any trouble with the link)
<removed>

"Also, this shouldn't violate any forum policy as it's freeware on the Nintendo eshop, I'm simply providing a link to mirrored freeware, courtesy of Nintendo. If posting this is a problem, I want you to show me how to pirate freeware, ok? ;) "

If anyone can make/take anything out of this please do, I'd be just be glad to have helped the cause for wii/wiiubrew :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 06:04PM by tueidj.
June 04, 2014 06:02PM
Just because it's free, doesn't mean it's not copyright and you are free to distribute it. Besides, what you've captured is encrypted content which is useless without the right keys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login