Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need porting help!

Posted by Matando 
Need porting help!
January 18, 2009 12:11AM
I'm trying to port GNUTLS to the wii to ultimately port libpurple(IM library). Now GNUTLS requires 3 libraries, the first one compiled with few modifications. The link is below. Now the second lib I'm having trouble configuring because it lookes for which doesn't exist. It's all in libogc's Except I cant get in to cofigure to use that instead. So I need a little help.

Here's the link for the first one(type "make install" to install, it's already build): Download Link

The link for the second library untouched is here: Libgcrypt

the configure script I use is this:
$ AR=powerpc-gekko-ar CC=powerpc-gekko-gcc CXX=powerpc-gekko-g++ LD=powerpc-gekko-ld LDFLAGS="-g -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -Wl,-Map" LIBS="-L$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/lib/wii -logc -lz -lm" ./configure --host=ppc

please help me guilt this lib built :)
Re: Need porting help!
January 18, 2009 02:34AM
Is the error
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

if so, easiest way to get past that is to change those exit commands in the configure script to echo :) so it doesn't fail

3127c3127
< { (exit 77); exit 77; }; }
---
> { (echo 77); echo 77; }; }

I would love to know a better way, but haven't found it yet, maybe someway to write a config.cache file or something so it bypasses the check in configure?

also make sure and pass --disable-shared --enable-static on the configure line

[gpf@myhost libgcrypt-1.2.4]$ AR=powerpc-gekko-ar CC=powerpc-gekko-gcc CXX=power
pc-gekko-g++ LD=powerpc-gekko-ld LDFLAGS="-g -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float
-Wl,-Map" LIBS="-L$DEVKITPRO/libogc/lib/wii -logc -lz -lm" ./configure --host=p
pc --disable-shared --enable-static

Troy
January 18, 2009 03:11AM
lol, sorry should've given the error. That was not my error, and [jokingly]you sir did not follow Drack's Setup in Dracks Documentation[/jokingly], that's why you got that error! Drack's Documentation there's no path variable leading to $(DEVKITPPC)/bin

Anyways this was my error when I ran this command, the one above is wrong, it's this one that I ran and then had to fix the LDFLAGS and LIBS in the makefiles.

AR=powerpc-gekko-ar CC=powerpc-gekko-gcc CXX=powerpc-gekko-g++ LD=powerpc-gekko-ld LDFLAGS="-g -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -Wl,-Map" ./configure --host=ppc

here's the error:
configure: error: Cannot find a type to use in place of socklen_t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2009 03:12AM by Matando.
January 18, 2009 07:34AM
my path is fine, I am able to get configure to complete :)

your last error can either be hacked out of configure and fixed manually in the config.h file that is generated to define a type for socklen_t or you can add a CFLAG entry to your configure line and have the include directory have a sys/socket.h file that defines socklen_t , there are other issues that will need to be dealt with since there is no standard socket api available in posix named header files etc, but should be possible to fix.

Troy
January 18, 2009 05:18PM
is there anything in libogc that defines the stuff in <memory.h> because I can't find it and this library needs it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2009 05:20PM by Matando.
January 18, 2009 05:41PM
My /usr/include/memory.h on linux, simply includes string.h and features.h. Those are both in devkit, so you could try including those two.
January 19, 2009 02:41AM
Okay, I need more help. This requires assembly knowledge, which I have none of. Here's the error and the file that needs fixing.

Error:
mpih-add1.S: Assembler messages:
mpih-add1.S:36: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.toc'
mpih-add1.S:39: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.csect'
mpih-add1.S:43: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.csect'
mpih-add1.S:45: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `['
mpih-add1.S:46: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.csect'
make[2]: *** [mpih-add1.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Projects/libgcrypt-1.2.4/mpi'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Projects/libgcrypt-1.2.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2

File: zipped, just this file only Download
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login