Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Request advice on real-time audio synthesis for Wii (planning HomeBrew version of existing Drancing accelerometer music system)

Posted by webel 
Hi,

I have been developing a real-time audio synthesis accelerometer music system called Drancing for over a decade:

The Drancing accelerometer music "air instrument"

I have a number of versions - such as a Java/Java3D/JSyn version - and last year I developed a patch-based PureData/GEM real-time synthesis version for Wiimote as wireless accelerometer on Mac OS X:

Drancing with Wiimotes via wireless Bluetooth

There are some videos of the Wii version here:

Video: YouTube: Drancing accelerometer music with Wiimotes: 3D variable frequency oscillators + amplitude variation + triggered "air drum" samples

Video: YouTube: Drancing accelerometer music with Wiimotes: 3D variable frequency oscillators + triggered "air drum" samples

Please note that the Drancing approach is quite different from the recently released WiiMusic system (I used to do quite a lot with triggered samples, my main interest these days is real-time synthesis for strong biofeedback). Drancing is also designed as a diagnostic system and movement therapy system.

BTW Mac Users can download a prototype it and try it out here (includes detailed instructions and PureData patches):

Drancing: PureData/GEM DranceWare prototype for Wii Remote: downloads and HOWTO for Mac OS-X

So now I would like to develop a WiiBrew version of it for distribution to Wii console users.

Glad for any advice on real-time audio synthesis capabilities of the Wii system and devkitPPC.

Thanks, Webel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login