Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiSCU 0.23

Posted by SifJar 
WiiSCU 0.23
October 21, 2009 08:13PM
I made a quick modifictaion to WiiSCU after I read many people are having trouble updating Shop Channel with it. Before it tried to grab the latest version, but for some reason that failed, so I forced to get v18 (i.e. the latest version). I have not tried it yet, as I dont have brick protection, but if someone on 4.0 or 4.1 could try it that'd be great. BTW, this includes the unofficial 0.22 update as well.

Here's a link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dzn2ll2ayzm
Re: WiiSCU 0.23
October 21, 2009 08:25PM
You, SifJar, one of the more experienced people here, doesn't have brick protection?!
October 21, 2009 08:33PM
No, its a shared wii and I havent persuaded my brother to install bootmii yet (i havent actually tried really, i dont do much dangerous stuff on my wii, i just play homebrew games and besides that i only play retail stuff.) I can install BootMii as boot2 though and intend to ask my brother to let me install it at the weekend, when he returns from uni.
October 22, 2009 01:09AM
I'd say install it secretly, if you just take your SD card out, he'll never know.

Hell, my Wii, while technically mine, is the family Wii. I put bootmii on it, explained to my parents what it was, they said "ooh, I dunno if that's a good idea" I told them if it starts up and you see the screen, just let it sit, and it'll take care of itself, and the Wii can't break unless Nintendo does something on purpose (I had boot2v4, so 4.2 doesn't worry me, except for the DVDX thing), and if they did that, I'd have grounds to sue them because it would be illegal for them to break my Wii just because I have Bootmii. Now the love Bootmii, and my brothers are asking me to install it for them too (even my brother who has a CS degree)
October 22, 2009 06:02PM
I reckon he wont be hard to persuade, he's quite into homebrew, he has a jailbroken iPod Touch and CFW on his PSP, so he should be OK with it, particularly seeing as its brick protection.
October 23, 2009 12:52AM
Good to have other family members into homebrew. My brother who has the CS degree just doesn't really give a crap, with a 2 year old son, he doesn't have much time to play games (of course, the 2 year old son is also why he installed this stuff so he can back his games up legally), and my other brother sees no reason to use homebrew software beyond illegal purposes. To each their own I guess
December 28, 2009 05:56PM
Tried it yesterday... It completes but the shop channel is never updated. My Wii is screwed up so maybe its not the apps problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login