Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SDL game testing using Dolphin problem [black screen]

Posted by Slappy 
SDL game testing using Dolphin problem [black screen]
June 21, 2009 10:02PM
Hi
I want to test my SDL game in Dolphin emulator.
I compile everything succesfully but when I tried to run it in Dolphin emu I can't see anything

Only black screen is shown...

I made several "debug" poiints with printf() so if you run .elf in Dolphin you can see messages like "InitSOundSystem OK!"
"load_image("data.bmp") OK "and everything is fine

But nothing is shown at the screen (code calls SDL_Blit() etc several times)

I made this game for Linux and PC-Win also and there it works fine, but in Dolphin nothing is shown

What should I do?

PM me for .dol and .elf (also sd.raw - image of SD card with data)
Re: SDL game testing using Dolphin problem [black screen]
June 21, 2009 10:42PM
Try testing it with your Wii? The dolphin emu has a number of compatibility issues with homebrew code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 10:43PM by Arikado.
July 07, 2009 07:53PM
Testing on Dolphin would be a dream come true for most of us. Any idea why homebrew doesnt work and commercial games do? Maybe we need to do a bit of forgery to make it look like the real deal?
July 10, 2009 09:08PM
SteelSLasher
Any idea why homebrew doesnt work and commercial games do? Maybe we need to do a bit of forgery to make it look like the real deal?
No I have really have no idea. But a new build was just released which plays Super Mario Galaxy perfectly. I'd like to see how that handles our .dols/.elfs
September 03, 2009 01:53PM
Slappy
Hi
I want to test my SDL game in Dolphin emulator.
I compile everything succesfully but when I tried to run it in Dolphin emu I can't see anything

You want to test an SDL app, why not just compile for windows? or whatever os you have

dolphin cant do anything with homebrew for some reason to do with the use GX i belieave as no GX using apps have worked for me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login