Dop-IOS mod

Posted by SifJar 
Re: Dop-IOS mod
August 24, 2009 07:00PM
Huh? Why? I worked almost hard on that.
August 24, 2009 07:06PM
It's up to you.

If you keep it, I don't want any credit for v2.
August 24, 2009 08:37PM
Neutralish here, but it would make sense to have the program read the installed IOSes, as opposed to a set list.
August 24, 2009 08:47PM
Yeah, OK take it down. Although tehskeen have already reported it. They're pretty fast. Anyway, upload your v2 when its ready, I'll revert the wiki to v1.

EDIT: OK, all traces of my v2 are gone, although the files are still up, but there are no links to them. Just keeping them in case I come across someone who needs them before you release the proper v2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 09:21PM by SifJar.
August 24, 2009 09:37PM
You might as well have just left the download link on the wiki page as you're v2 is certainly an improvement over the v1. I just wish you would have asked your other team members before release because (as you've now noticed) there's been a lot of hard work done that you weren't aware of.

I have a working "grab the ioss and from the Wii and make a list" dol here (The last one didn't work): [www.mediafire.com]

It'll be officially released as v3 (to prevent confusion) (also, don't put it on the wiki please) when the source is ready and there are proper (ie: Nonworking IOSs won't appear in the list) sanity checks (The ones in there now will just error out when you try to install an IOS if no trucha is present) in place.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 04:41PM by Arikado.
August 24, 2009 09:48PM
OK sorry. My bad. Didnt spend too long doing it anyway, didnt know you were still working on this. I just ten minutes typing in other IOS numbers to your code and then compiled it.
August 24, 2009 09:55PM
Don't worry about it - I don't hold grudges or anything :-P

(And also, I'm always working on everything at once ;-) )
August 25, 2009 02:20AM
Well guys, maybe some form of version control would be smart here if development is likely to continue beyond the IOS reading? Git perhaps, as we all seem to like to do our own thing.
August 25, 2009 11:08AM
Well, I doubt I have the programming knowledge to do anything more really.
August 25, 2009 04:41PM
I approve of the move to an SVN, but I'll need someone to upload source for me as I don't have access to an SVN client for a couple months.
August 25, 2009 10:05PM
Dop-IOS MOD v2

Binary: Link Removed - Bug

Source: Link Removed - Bug

Changes:
-Let's you select from a list of IOS's actually installed in your Wii
-Sanity checks so you can no long select an IOS that doesn't accept fakesigning

To be officially released upon approval from PhoenixTank and SifJar.

(If anyone wants to test beforehand, please go ahead and post the results)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 08:02PM by Arikado.
August 25, 2009 10:40PM
Go ahead, why do you need my approval? Not like I ever really did anything, other than get the ball rolling in the first place.
August 26, 2009 07:28PM
I get a garbled code dump with Arikado's version 2. After I choose the IOS and press A when prompted, the blue title bar flashes across the top of the screen and then code dumps.

I've also noticed the wii remote becoming unsynced several times while the application runs.
August 26, 2009 07:33PM
MattMan
I get a garbled code dump with Arikado's version 2. After I choose the IOS and press A when prompted, the blue title bar flashes across the top of the screen and then code dumps.
I'll look into the code dump, thanks for the information.

MattMan
I've also noticed the wii remote becoming unsynced several times while the application runs.
That's normal because we can't have the Wiimote on at the same time we load an IOS. Otherwise, the Wii will crash.
August 26, 2009 08:03PM
The crash bug existed and is now fixed (it was a small non-lethal oversight I made - sorry)

New Downloads:

Binary: [www.mediafire.com]

Source: [www.mediafire.com]

Awaiting permission from PhoenixTank before release.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2009 03:25AM by Arikado.
August 28, 2009 05:51PM
Newer version 2 works perfectly.
August 28, 2009 07:43PM
Thanks for following up and letting us know :-)
August 31, 2009 06:29PM
do you by any chance know where i could aquire a DOP IOS that supports game cube controllers.

many thanks in advance.

(I broke my wii.) LOL
August 31, 2009 07:11PM
That feature may be added to a future release, if Arikado wants to add it. It would be a good addition I feel. What do you think Arikado?
August 31, 2009 07:16PM
personally, I am very neglective of my batteries so this would be brilliant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login