Homebrew Card Manager, testerz and PC utils needed

Posted by hunterm 
Homebrew Card Manager, testerz and PC utils needed
December 24, 2009 07:26AM
Homebrew Card Manager

Links:
Testers List
HCM Info Page

Note: I am going to log everything on this page for the HCM Info Page.

What is it?
I am currently in the progress of making a new PC utility for managing a SD card, and this is how it is suppose to work:

1. Insert SD Card with Homebrew Card Manager (a.k.a. HCM) file on root of card.
2. Windows detects autorun.inf and runs HCM.exe
3. Homebrew Card Manager app opens

It serves as a launcher for pc utilities that are newbie-friendly, apps that are useful for homebrew sd cards!

FAQ

Q: Sounds stupid! Why would I need it?
A: If it sounds so stupid then why do you need to use it?

Q: It seems pretty limited in functionality, can you add more?
A: Well, I can't add that much; but you can help: See Contribute below.

Q: Exactly what does it do?
A: Quoting my self from a post to this topic
hunterm
Yes it does launch apps, but I wanted to make a homebrew-focused one, and I wanted it to be easier for app developers to make pc utils. It would be different, because you could make an PC util app and just add it in. I wanted it to be easier for newbies to the homebrew world to manage homebrew-used sd cards, developers just need to make easy to use apps.

Contribute

A way you can contribute is by creating newbie-friendly applications to use on PCs with sd cards.
Simple.

To test PM me with the subject "HCM tester request"
I will post a list of testers to page under my username on the wiki
To report bugs PM me with the subject "HCM bug found"
Once this has been approved bug free by ALL testers (i will send out an PM with the subject "HCM feedback") I will release this into the WiiBrew wiki.

One last thing:
Please, please, please DO NAUT LEAK.

Discuss.

UPDATE: added a description of app

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 09:21PM by hunterm.
Re: Homebrew Card Manager, testerz and PC utils needed
December 24, 2009 09:18AM
hunterm
1. Insert SD Card with Homebrew Card Manager (a.k.a. HCM) file on root of card.
2. Windows detects autorun.inf and runs HCM.exe
3. Homebrew Card Manager app opens
Maybe you should say what Homebrew Card Manager does exactly. I assume it manages homebrew apps on the SD card..

hunterm
Q: Sounds stupid! Why would I need it?
A: If it sounds so stupid then why do you need to use it?
That doesn't answer the question at all.. You answered the question with the same question.
December 24, 2009 06:22PM
I updated the first post with a description.
December 24, 2009 06:52PM
So it just launches other apps? It doesn't actually do any sorting or anything itself? No offence, I'm sure you've worked hard and everything, but there are loads of launchers out there that can do the job. Just get the portableapps launcher, setup the apps right (dont have to be official portableapps apps, can be any apps) and it will work fine. And it has a built-in backup feature, which could come in handy. And there are others too. Is there anything to set your app ahead of these?
December 24, 2009 09:17PM
SifJar
So it just launches other apps? It doesn't actually do any sorting or anything itself? No offence, I'm sure you've worked hard and everything, but there are loads of launchers out there that can do the job. Just get the portableapps launcher, setup the apps right (dont have to be official portableapps apps, can be any apps) and it will work fine. And it has a built-in backup feature, which could come in handy. And there are others too. Is there anything to set your app ahead of these?

Yes it does launch apps, but I wanted to make a homebrew-focused one, and I wanted it to be easier for app developers to make pc utils. It would be different, because you could make an PC util app and just add it in. I wanted it to be easier for newbies to the homebrew world to manage homebrew-used sd cards, developers just need to make easy to use apps.
December 24, 2009 09:18PM
UPDATE: added info to first post
December 24, 2009 09:21PM
hunterm
SifJar

That doesn't make it different. That makes it the same.
December 24, 2009 11:01PM
SifJar
hunterm
SifJar

That doesn't make it different. That makes it the same.

It would also be different because, it is noob-friendly.
December 30, 2009 05:35AM
BIG NEWZ: This testing thing hasen't got many people yet, so I am going to release it to the wiki as v0.1.
I am currently creating the page for it on the wiki, I will post a link when I'm done! :D
December 30, 2009 07:01AM
Ok everyone, I have posted it to the wiki's releases, its own wiki page, and talk page!

COME AND GET IT: [wiibrew.org]
December 30, 2009 07:12AM
There's an edit button you know..
December 30, 2009 07:42AM
bg4545
There's an edit button you know..

OAH WELLZ I DID SEE THAT TEHEAR *sarcasm*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login