Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ncard auto updating wii gamercards

Posted by minus_273 
Ncard auto updating wii gamercards
April 25, 2010 06:24PM
I along with chris have been working on a gamercard system for the wii. This is actually up and running. I need some beta testers to help build up a title database. This is a homebrew client that ties into a site/database on a server. The client logs in, reads your game play logs and uploads that to your account on the server. The server constructs a gamercard for you. The card is functionally equivalent to PSN cards.

The reason we need testers is that the images are pulled from giantbomb using their API. Giant bomb needs exact game names to get the correct box art. Unfortunately the game ids on the wii message board are not always full names. We are building up a user generated database of game names that links to the wii short names. There is currently a private beta running and hundreds of games have been added to the translation database covering most of the most popular games. Upon running the client, users are able to log on to the website and fix any games that didn't auto match.

We need more people to cover more of the wii library before the beta opens up. Reply in this thread and I will PM you instructions and the download link.

the gamercards are made on messageboardchampion.com and you will need to make an account there and use that username and password to log the client in.

e.g. my gamer card:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2010 06:33PM by minus_273.
Re: Ncard auto updating wii gamercards
April 26, 2010 01:42AM
Count me in
April 26, 2010 04:17AM
why not use WiiTDB to pull the correct names? you can get the correct name for every game, with every cover, in every language pretty much. all from just the game ID. its very easy to get the file and parse it.

this would let you look at what language somebody has their wii set to, and then use correct covers for their language, if one is available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 04:21AM by giantpune.
April 26, 2010 05:08PM
I didnt actually know about wiitdb, it should be useful. thanks.
May 15, 2010 05:26PM
Update your clients using the download link provided in your invitation. Private Beta 3 has been released. There are several significant changes in this release. We have switched to using the wiitdb instead of our own database. this should result in much more accurate game recognition. In addition you may now enter games you would like to have excluded in a separate file (check release notes for details). There have also been several bug fixes and improved network code. Beta 3 should be several times faster than 1. Please reply if you encounter any problems.
July 22, 2010 01:45AM
count me in
April 14, 2013 06:08AM
count me in to
April 14, 2013 09:26AM
berard7
count me in to

I'm afraid this project is long dead :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login